Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruise

sunfun53

Hello All,

This is our first Celebrity Cruise and First Alaskan Cruise as well.

So we're obviously excited.

We are in Aqua Class with Blu Dining and Is there a particular dress code for this restaurant as well as the MDR.

Also any other recommended dress for excursions for Alaska in May (Dog Sledding)

Also can anybody recommend a TAXI SERVICE in Vancouver from Hotel (BLUE HORIZON) to the pier at Canada Place and its cost.

Thank you everyone in advance for your ideas, opinions and suggestions.

Tony

The best excurisions my wife and I did last year were the helicopter to Hubbard glacier with the ice 2 hour hike in Juneau. It had amazing views in the chopper and walking on the glacer was amazing. The tour guilds were also really good. Also in Skagway we did a jet boat tour where we saw whales and other amazing wild life. We booked both of these through the ship.

Hello All,

We are in Aqua Class with Blu Dining and Is there a particular dress code for this restaurant as well as the MDR.

Also any other recommended dress for excursions for Alaska in May (Dog Sledding)

Also can anybody recommend a TAXI SERVICE in Vancouver from Hotel (BLUE HORIZON) to the pier at Canada Place and its cost.

Tony

Dress code in Blu is smart casual every night, MDR is smart casual except for two evening chic nights which will be day 2 and day 6. Below is a link to the dress code. When we went we put more emphasis into making sure we brought layered clothes than dressing up in the dining rooms.

The one excursion we really enjoyed was the Catamaran trip off of the ship in the morning of the day you are in Juneau. The ship goes up t Tracey Arm fjord and stops in front of the glacier. You then get onto the catamaran which takes you closer to the glacier and on our trip we went to another part of the glacier that the ship could not go to. We went in August so got real close, you may not get as close as we did due to ice conditions. The catamaran then meets the ship back in Juneau. Since this excursion starts off the ship many miles from Juneau this excursion may only be booked through Celebrity.

Another excursion we enjoyed was a zip line trip through one of the State Parks, forget where it was but we did several quite lengthy zip lines. It was also a Celebrity excursion.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#2 Scroll down a bit to dress code.

Best excursion was the float plane & crab feast. Crab was delicious

We did the helicopter & dog sled weather was awful cold rain sleet visibility poor no hot drink waiting for helicopter down glad we did it but very expensive could not recommend if you get weather like us helicopter was fun same day other company cancelled all tours because of weather u need warm jacket sun glasses warm ski gloves& hat also went whale watching can recommend crab shack in juneau

Hello All,

Tony

Hi sunfun, you may want to post this message on the roll call for your sailing. (Boards>Roll Calls>Celebrity>Solstice>date of sailing) We are sailing on the Solstice 5/17/17 and our roll call has a lot of really good discussion of details for that particular sailing....including excursions and transportation to the pier. Have a great trip!

We are on the cruise before you. Just to let you know. There will be 3 ships docked on May 17th. Celebrity, HAL and RCL. You will have to go through Canadian customs, United State customs before you get to Celebrity check in. I do believe each cruise line has their own screening areas.

We are on the cruise before you. Just to let you know. There will be 3 ships docked on May 17th. Celebrity, HAL and RCL. You will have to go through Canadian customs, United State customs before you get to Celebrity check in. I do believe each cruise line has their own screening areas.

Thanks for the heads up! I see you're from Bellevue....we're going to stay a couple nights up there post-cruise. Any must see/do/eats that you can recommend in Bellevue? Although I've been thinking mainly seafood while we're there, Goldberg's Deli comes highly recommended. We'll have a car so we can get around easily (hopefully, haha). How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful part of the country!

Thanks for the heads up! I see you're from Bellevue....we're going to stay a couple nights up there post-cruise. Any must see/do/eats that you can recommend in Bellevue? Although I've been thinking mainly seafood while we're there, Goldberg's Deli comes highly recommended. We'll have a car so we can get around easily (hopefully, haha). How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful part of the country!

Goldberg's Deli is good. They have good salads. Also a 1/2 sandwich with salad. I also like the matzo ball soup. Snoqualmie Falls outside of Bellevue going east on I90. Kirkland just north of Bellevue has Anthony's HomePort. Bellevue has McCormick & Schmick's or Paddy Coyne's its a Irish Pub (all good food, but I like the fish & chips) 520 bar & Grill on main street. Seattle has Cutters Crabhouse near the market. If you have a afternoon flight or evening flight out of Seatac they have a Anthony's HomePort in the center of the airport after going through TSA security. So go early and have a nice dinner.

Seattle has The Pike Place market, Kerry Park on Queen Anne (it has a nice view of Seattle and south to Mount Rainier). You can skip Kerry Park if your going to do the Space Needle. I recommend doing the Space Needle late afternoon then going to Chihuly Garden & Glass. It is right next to the Space Needle. But you want to do Chihuly late so when you go to the outside garden it is lit up with lights. Today sunset is 8:05 pm, so I'd go about 6 pm and take your time. Olympic Sculpture Park on the north end of the water front.

In Skagway, rent a car and drive into the Yukon. You will not regret it, as the scenery is phenomenal! We rented a jeep from Alaska Green Jeeps. The jeep comes with a digital tour guide for the day, and information on stops along the way. The trip is about 6 hours round trip. They will also pack you a lunch if you schedule that in advance.

Enjoy your cruise!

Goldberg's Deli is good. They have good salads. Also a 1/2 sandwich with salad. I also like the matzo ball soup. Snoqualmie Falls outside of Bellevue going east on I90. Kirkland just north of Bellevue has Anthony's HomePort. Bellevue has McCormick & Schmick's or Paddy Coyne's its a Irish Pub (all good food, but I like the fish & chips) 520 bar & Grill on main street. Seattle has Cutters Crabhouse near the market. If you have a afternoon flight or evening flight out of Seatac they have a Anthony's HomePort in the center of the airport after going through TSA security. So go early and have a nice dinner.

Seattle has The Pike Place market, Kerry Park on Queen Anne (it has a nice view of Seattle and south to Mount Rainier). You can skip Kerry Park if your going to do the Space Needle. I recommend doing the Space Needle late afternoon then going to Chihuly Garden & Glass. It is right next to the Space Needle. But you want to do Chihuly late so when you go to the outside garden it is lit up with lights. Today sunset is 8:05 pm, so I'd go about 6 pm and take your time. Olympic Sculpture Park on the north end of the water front.

Thanks for all the great suggestions....we can't wait!