Fttf and disembarking...

bmetz34

We are not in a rush to get off the ship. We do have fttf. I don't know what that means for disembarking though. Do ships offer breakfast that day? Can we hang out at the buffet until the masses leave the ship?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FTTF entitles you to be in the first group to get off the ship, so some people purchase it if they have an early flight to catch. But it does not require you to be the first off the ship either, if you so chose you can leave with the last group that is called which is usually around 10/10:30. You have to be out of your cabin by 8/8:30 depending on the ship, and the lido buffet is fully open the morning of debarkation so you can head up there have a nice relaxing breakfast and wait till the craziness goes away.

We are not in a rush to get off the ship. We do have fttf. I don't know what that means for disembarking though. Do ships offer breakfast that day? Can we hang out at the buffet until the masses leave the ship?

With FTTF, you are eligible for priority debarkation. You should receive #2 luggage tags on the last full morning of the cruise. What this means is that you can debark when #2 tags are called, or you can wait in the buffet or in the sun until you are ready to debark.

We are Platinum, so we always receive #1 tags. Since the cabin must be vacated by 8:30, we get up around 7:00, shower, etc., then have a nice breakfast in the dining room. When we're done, we give the cabin a final check and leave at 8:30. We go to Lido to get the last minute warmth and sunshine. When we're ready to leave, we go to the lobby and debark. The latest we've been asked to leave the ship was 10:30 when we sailed Magic out of Galveston. We had a 6:00 PM flight and didn't want to spend the day at the airport.

You'd be surprised how many #1 and #2 tagged luggage are the last ones to be retrieved.

With FTTF, you are eligible for priority debarkation. You should receive #2 luggage tags on the last full morning of the cruise. What this means is that you can debark when #2 tags are called, or you can wait in the buffet or in the sun until you are ready to debark.

We are Platinum, so we always receive #1 tags. Since the cabin must be vacated by 8:30, we get up around 7:00, shower, etc., then have a nice breakfast in the dining room. When we're done, we give the cabin a final check and leave at 8:30. We go to Lido to get the last minute warmth and sunshine. When we're ready to leave, we go to the lobby and debark. The latest we've been asked to leave the ship was 10:30 when we sailed Magic out of Galveston. We had a 6:00 PM flight and didn't want to spend the day at the airport.

You'd be surprised how many #1 and #2 tagged luggage are the last ones to be retrieved.

Thanks! That answers my question! So there is breakfast in the dining rooms as well as the buffet?

FTTF entitles you to be in the first group to get off the ship, so some people purchase it if they have an early flight to catch. But it does not require you to be the first off the ship either, if you so chose you can leave with the last group that is called which is usually around 10/10:30. You have to be out of your cabin by 8/8:30 depending on the ship, and the lido buffet is fully open the morning of debarkation so you can head up there have a nice relaxing breakfast and wait till the craziness goes away.

Awesome! Thanks!

Thanks! That answers my question! So there is breakfast in the dining rooms as well as the buffet?

Yep. We always stay an extra day at whatever port we happen to be at, so we're in no hurry to rush off the ship the morning of debarkation. We go have a nice, relaxing breakfast in the MDR and extend our cruise as long as possible!

Yes and yes.