Hong Kong to Singapore Nov 13th 2017 Sapphire Princess HELP!

DONNAKG

thank you all for the info previously!!

Almost time to sail! 11 more days flying from US to Hong Kong and on the ship the 13th.

For any of you experienced cruisers what have you done in the past for exchanging

US dollars to Hong Kong dollar?:confused:

Our banks here are not an option.

I assume the airport is likely, since we will need taxis fare from HKG to Kai Tak cruise terminal??

And have you used the ships' exchange service for Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore

or found a less expensive solution?

ALSO,, if any of you have flown recently on Cathay Pacific flight #873 SFO - HKG and /or #872 HKG to SFO

premium economy , could you tell me about it. Our seats are in row 33

thank you so much

Donnakg

thank you

Donnakg

For exchange - there are money changers at airport or you can use the ATM with bank cards.

For better rates you may take the Airport Express (buy ticket online with credit card) to Central (luggage storage at HK Station) and head to Hang Seng Bank nearby (opposite to the IFC/Airport Express station complex). Go to the basement floor and turn left for the F/X counter (opens 9am). You can get Singapore and Thai currency there at slightly better rates.

You just need USD in Vietnam and can change locally. Tour guide in my Chan May excursion 2 weeks ago also offered local currency. Many places in Vietnam accept USD anyway (bad rates for certain), so you may not really need VND unless you're going to supermarkets or local eateries.

For transport - The Kai Tak cruise terminal is like an island in the middle of the harbour. Nothing to do except waiting before embarkation begins and you may be out of airport by 7am! Better spend some 3-4 hours elsewhere (airport? Or a Starbucks in Central). Spare about half hour for a taxi ride from Central to the terminal.

For the seat - better look up seatplan on Seat Guru instead...

Sapphire is a great ship (just sailed 2 weeks ago!) but Chan May is far from anything. No public transport except a few taxis. You will need to use the excursion there and prepare to spend a lot of time on buses. Make sure you have ample ground time at Hoi An because it's really a lovely place to linger.

thank you all for the info previously!!

Almost time to sail! 11 more days flying from US to Hong Kong and on the ship the 13th.

For any of you experienced cruisers what have you done in the past for exchanging

US dollars to Hong Kong dollar?:confused:

Our banks here are not an option.

I assume the airport is likely, since we will need taxis fare from HKG to Kai Tak cruise terminal??

And have you used the ships' exchange service for Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore

or found a less expensive solution?

ALSO,, if any of you have flown recently on Cathay Pacific flight #873 SFO - HKG and /or #872 HKG to SFO

premium economy , could you tell me about it. Our seats are in row 33

thank you so much

Donnakg

thank you

Donnakg