Check your new bookings

CallieS

Last week I booked my first MSC cruise for May 2018. It was two cabins for four people. Paid the deposit, got the confirmation email. Everything looked good. Today I happened to want to check on something in my reservation so I logged onto their website. It said I had no bookings. That's okay. I've had that happen on other cruise lines. Usually to fix that you have to put in some identifying information and your reservation is magically found and displayed. I didn't see that option on their website, however.

Then I had a nagging feeling that maybe I should do a mock booking to see if my two cabins were available or not. Sure enough, my two cabins were available. Anyone could have booked my cabins that I already put a deposit on. :eek:

I called MSC. The rep said, "Did you pay the full deposit?" I said I paid whatever it told me to pay. He said my booking was cancelled due to insufficient payment. What?! He also said that I was the third person he had spoken to that had the same exact problem. It seems the deposit was supposed to be $99 per person, so for four people, that's $396. The website only requested $296 when I booked.

Luckily he was able to reinstate the two cabins and I paid the $100 difference. This is very scary. If I did the mock booking and the cabins were unavailable, I might have assumed that was because I had them booked. Maybe I wouldn't have called right away. I don't normally panic if I don't see my reservation online. Like I said, it's happened before with an easy fix.

The lesson is that their system is having problems if I'm at least the third person this has happened to, so make sure you find out what the correct deposit is and pay that amount. And make sure your reservation shows up online. Don't just rely on the emailed confirmation. At least until they get this fixed. The rep said he was going to put in a request to the IT department.

Thanks for the warning and the advice. I came across the 'no booking' too when I logged into their website this week and I had two cabins booked as well. But when I called MSC, my booking and deposit are accounted for. Will keep an eye on it.

I never finish my booking on line with MSC. Their web site is horrible. I look for what I want, and call them to finish. Haven't had a problem yet with 2 bookings.

I don't book online either and have called MSC each time to make my booking. But when I went online and logged in to the website to review my booking and look for packages to add, I noticed it said "No Booking" just like OP had mentioned. PVCs have also mentioned their system is slow this week so it looks like there has been some issues.

Thanks for the tips to call them when I want to book. I'm so used to doing it all online, that I didn't even think twice.

Since this seems to be a glitch, I guess all rules are out the window, but I wonder why I didn't get any kind of notification that I didn't pay enough or that my cabins were going to be canceled. I potentially could have gone on for months thinking everything was okay. What a surprise that would have been. :o

My booking still isn't showing up online, however. :confused: