Entourage for 13 year old

morningstar4

Does Entourage separate the teens into smaller groups? I can't imagine my 13 year old hanging out with 17 year olds....the age gap seems huge! Also, what kind of activities does Entourage offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do not really seperate the teens but it really depends on the crowd. The first time my son did Entourage he was 14 and most of the teens were 17- but he still had fun. The second and third times everyone was middle teens, like him. The last two cruises there were lots of 13/14 year olds and few 17 years olds (like him). He did do karaoke and the dance parties, and also a few game nights though. The staff keeps an eye on everyone in the club and the kids have always been nice and respectful. :)

Does Entourage separate the teens into smaller groups? I can't imagine my 13 year old hanging out with 17 year olds....the age gap seems huge! Also, what kind of activities does Entourage offer?

Nope, which is a shame for the most part. My 13yo DD went there, and walked out when it was mostly older teen boys. She didn't feel comfortable in there with that difference of an age group.

Remember Entourage isn't really structured activities like splash academy, so they don't split ages.

It's all about who attends and their ages, if a bigger ship and it's peak time then there will most likely be a few kids the right sex and age for your child.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've had teens 14, 15, and 17 enjoy the club, and will have my 14, 14, and 16 year olds try it next month. They ended up meeting teens in their age groups to hang with for the week, no problems.

awesome....i think we're on the same sailing. are your twins boys, girls, boy/girl? I have two boys....

awesome....i think we're on the same sailing. are your twins boys, girls, boy/girl? I have two boys....

Boy and girl, hoping he meets kids to hang out with. Dd14 and dd16 are best friends, and probably don't want to hang out with their brother all week. They will be going to the club the first night. On our last cruise (Breakaway), they spent an hour in the 10 - 12 club and never went back.

I am speaking as somebody who went to entourage!

It isn't a structured kids club, I used to just go the first night to make friends. Other than that it is more of a place to meet and hang out, there is no forced fun which is what I was always afraid of!

They do have some activities, like pool parties, but again you just show up if your new friends are going (or at least I did!)

I enjoyed it I hope he will too, I still am friends with some of the people I met.

It isn't a structured kids club, I used to just go the first night to make friends. Other than that it is more of a place to meet and hang out, there is no forced fun which is what I was always afraid of!

They do have some activities, like pool parties, but again you just show up if your new friends are going (or at least I did!)

I enjoyed it I hope he will too, I still am friends with some of the people I met.

This could have be written by my daughter, it sounds exactly like what she would have said about entourage [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by NCLfamily

My son went just a couple months after turning 13. He is more interested in hanging out with people his own age, so he couldn't care less that there were 17 year olds in there. He gravitated to the 13 and 14 year olds and had a great time making new friends. The age gap is really only an issue if your kid makes it one.

Thanks for sharing your experience. What did you and your friends do on onboard? Did you stay in Entourage when you wanted to hang out or did you look for things to do around the ship?

Thanks for sharing your experience. What did you and your friends do on onboard? Did you stay in Entourage when you wanted to hang out or did you look for things to do around the ship?

We actually hung out in the entourage place quite a bit! It was set up like a little club almost with games consoles and things in there. We would normally meet up there and wander off to go to get food or to see a show or something :-)