TYemperature onboard ship

fastnloose

Hi everyone, we are off to Norwegian Fjords next week where temperatures are just above freezing, and have already packed thermal undies, sweaters etc, but we are wondering how warm it is likely to be on the ship itself. OH wants to take short-sleeved shirts and light trousers, but I am wondering if long-sleeved everything would be best. If its nice and warm onboard it might be good to take some lighter stuff for sea days. Any help appreciated.

Edited by fastnloose
spelling mistake

We are packing layers as we did for Alaska....We did take a few long sleeved warmer items on that cruise which were fine off ship but once you got back on board you were too hot...so it's T shirts, cardies and fleeces, kagools incase it rains and a premium package to reheat us as we return to the ship!

Happy cruising!

We are packing layers as we did for Alaska....We did take a few long sleeved warmer items on that cruise which were fine off ship but once you got back on board you were too hot...so it's T shirts, cardies and fleeces, kagools incase it rains and a premium package to reheat us as we return to the ship!

Happy cruising!

Thanks Chemmo, what was the approximate temperature onboard?

Thanks iandjm! So a pair of shorts also for the solarium!

We found that we wrapped up warm to get off the ship in Alaska but when we returned to ship we wanted to be able to take things off to comfortably sit for lunch without necessarily going back to the cabin first. We immediately ignored the real warm clothes we had brought and found layers worked really well. If you are just going to the Solarium you do need shorts and in the evening inside the ship no difference in clothes from a Caribbean cruise, other than you haven't a tan to show off!

Believe it or not I am taking a hot water bottle on this cruise...I intend if we have some bright mornings to dress up warm and then get comfortable on the balcony on my sun bed with a few blankets and watch the Norwegian world go by...

We found that on a cooler cruise you are dressing for two scenarios....the warm and controlled inside and the outside, who knows...Snow, sleet, sunshine or rain we plan to still enjoy!

Temps are kept "comfortable". The rest depends on your metabolism. DH is always cooler than me. So he might be wearing a cotton sweater over a polo even in warm climate itineraries. I just carry a sweater or shawl for dinners and shows as public rooms can be cooler.

Your stateroom can be adjusted for heat if you'd like.

Think layers not one heavy jacket.