Honfleur restaurants open on sunday?

pickypicky

Some don't have hours posted on their "websites". I'm really hoping to enjoy the local cuisine, but Sunday is the night our ship is overnighting in port. I'm looking at something off the waterfront. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Honfleur is a popular tourist destination, not just with a few cruisers, but also with many French who live within easy driving distance of that quaint town. So yes, you will find nearly all the restaurants and cafes open (and often packed) on Sundays. If it is a beautiful Sunday afternoon (or evening) the town will be alive with lots of folks eating, drinking, browsing, and walking.

Hank

Thank you! I'll make my reservation ASAP!

Sounds like you have a specific restaurant in mind. But when we are in Honfleur we usually opt for one of the many cafes/restaurants located right around the small harbor located in town. We will usually circle the harbor (this is about a 10-15 minute walk) and check out all the daily menu specials (usually on chalk boards) to see what looks good (for us it is often just moules et frites). Once we have checked out all the offerings we make our choice and get a table. Most of these places do not take reservations for small parties (at lunch). We have never had a problem getting a table (we prefer outside) although sometimes we might change our restaurant selection based on how crowded a place might happen to be at the time we want to dine. This is one of those places where, for lunch, we opt for location over going to the highest quality restaurant. We just love eating at that little harbor/marina.

Speaking of mussels, DW still says that the best mussels she has ever eaten (in the world) were in Honfleur.

Hank