1st time cruising. Can we bring ... ? and a CoCoCay Question ...

1. Can I bring my own hairdryer? (wondering about the no surge protector rule)
  2. Can I bring my flat iron for my hair?
  3. I know I can bring on 2 bottles of wine. Can I bring them to the dining room for dinner? Or is that weird?
  4. We use this at home to corral and charge all our tech - will it be allowed onboard? I don't see anything about a surge protector in the description ... https://www.amazon.com/CS008-Universal-Multi-Device-Organizer-Smartphone/dp/B01CQQ2XLO/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1492946229&sr=1-1&keywords=FLECK+CS008+8-Port+Desktop+Universal+Charging+Station+Multi-Device+Dock
  5. Re CocoCay. We have snokeling gear and would like to snorkel a little bit on our own close to shore - not part of an excursion. Are life vests required? If so, does anyone know how much they cost to rent on the island?

Thanks for your help!

1. Can I bring my own hairdryer? (wondering about the no surge protector rule)
  2. Can I bring my flat iron for my hair?
  3. I know I can bring on 2 bottles of wine. Can I bring them to the dining room for dinner? Or is that weird?
  4. We use this at home to corral and charge all our tech - will it be allowed onboard? I don't see anything about a surge protector in the description ... https://www.amazon.com/CS008-Universal-Multi-Device-Organizer-Smartphone/dp/B01CQQ2XLO/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1492946229&sr=1-1&keywords=FLECK+CS008+8-Port+Desktop+Universal+Charging+Station+Multi-Device+Dock
  5. Re CocoCay. We have snokeling gear and would like to snorkel a little bit on our own close to shore - not part of an excursion. Are life vests required? If so, does anyone know how much they cost to rent on the island?

Thanks for your help!

Yes you can bring your own hair dryer and flat iron.

Yes you may take your own wine to the dining room. Usually your waiter will keep it for you there and bring it out when you come to dinner.

I am not familiar about your charger but I am sure it will be fine.

Those on scuba excursions must wear vests. If you are on your own and staying within the roped off areas I see no difference in snorkling and just swimming. But again I have no experience with this.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Just an FYI, Coco Cay apparently has been missed more than it's been visited this year. The weather has not been Coco Cay's friend. We missed it on 14 April on GR and apparently GR hasn't been there in 2017 at all, unless it made it a couple of days ago. So, it's been more hit or miss this year than usual.

I always bring my own hairdryer. I hate the ones they have onboard.

As for the charging station, as long as they don't see it as a surge protector, you should be fine.

Corkage fee. If you take the bottle to dinner, you'll pay a fee to have them uncork it. We usually just ask our room steward for wine glasses - uncork in our room and bring the full glass to dinner with us.

snorkling vest - they do not require you to wear a vest unless you rent their equipment.

Corkage fee. If you take the bottle to dinner, you'll pay a fee to have them uncork it. We usually just ask our room steward for wine glasses - uncork in our room and bring the full glass to dinner with us.

RCL no longer charges corkage fees