Anyone on the Crown at the moment?

jackieo

We left the crown about three weeks ago and the Crooners entertainer was Liam Stewart. I think he had just joined the ship, so I would think he'll be on for awhile. We did not enjoy him all that much, which was a disappointment, because Crooners is typically our spot to hang out each evening. He was a good pianist, but he played songs in odd arrangements, so it took songs that everyone knew and in some cases, made them almost unrecognizable. While I like entertainers that change up the songs a little bit to make them their own, his versions were just not very good.

We ended up spending most evenings in the Wheelhouse with a duo named 2 that grove. We liked them very much.

We thought Liam was the best Crooner entertainer we have heard, yet. Cheery and talented - not scripted nor snoozy.

We were on late March also, and we went to crooners each night. He had said he'd just boarded. He played a variety of Irish requests, country, and covers for the usual - Elton/Joel/Eagles/Denver/Adele/Coldplay... sold CDs and took requests.

I've watched on previous cruises pianists turn down eager women who had song requests. Not Liam. He was engaged with the crowd each night. They loved him. Standing ovation the final night should say it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We thought Liam was the best Crooner entertainer we have heard, yet. Cheery and talented - not scripted nor snoozy.

We were on late March also, and we went to crooners each night. He had said he'd just boarded. He played a variety of Irish requests, country, and covers for the usual - Elton/Joel/Eagles/Denver/Adele/Coldplay... sold CDs and took requests.

I've watched on previous cruises pianists turn down eager women who had song requests. Not Liam. He was engaged with the crowd each night. They loved him. Standing ovation the final night should say it all.

We agree and also liked Liam Stewart. He was replaced though by Ziggy Jurczyk on April 2 who was not much appreciated with lesser crowd on our turnaround sailing. Don't know if Liam was back on the next TA sailing after ours.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from 3 weeks on the Crown Princess. Two weeks in the Mediterranean, 1 week in Scandinavia. I won't give a critique of that adventure on this thread, since Liam Stewart is the topic on hand. Let me say that my husband and I enjoyed Liam Stewart's performances a great deal! Having seen the great Ray Coussins on the piano at Crooners on Princess two years ago, I did not think anyone else had the right to sit at that piano! However, while Liam's style is so very different than Ray's, he is an extremely talented young man with a jaunty air about him. The first night of each cruise, he had to reach out and practically grab the audience members to wake them up. However, once people got used to his upbeat air and great piano playing, he had everyone "rolling like thunder." We enjoyed being part of the audience most nights, and had a really good time interacting with him and his music. Liam Stewart was also on the Princess theater stage for the Variety Show which was excellent. On the Scandinavian cruise, he offered his CD for sale, and we bought one. It's good, but it's nothing like seeing him perform in person. Liam Stewart's performance on the piano at the Crooner's Lounge on the Crown Princess was nothing short of electrifying! WTG, Liam!