Two or Four to a cabin

jimc_usa

just came back from our majesty of the seas 3 day cruise

click on the link below my signature. 4 of my cruisemates were in an inside cabin quad room and they hated it. as you can see there was not much room.

I know. the steard offered to put the bed together so hubby and I could be in a "king sized bed"-problem was the daughter would have to step on top of us if she needed to use the bathroom during the night-so we said "no thanks-we don't mind sleeping separate for a few days".

That is why the next time we cruised her we booked two inside cabins-the suites were too expensive-the two insides were less then a suite would be.

Thanks for all the advice, finally broke down and got 3 cabins, I am amazed that a 14 month old is charged almost full fare.

That does not sound right, what cruise line and ship are you on? did you book with an agent or with the cruiseline directly? If with cruiseline you might save more , on all of you, by having a good cruise agent pick up the booking.

• 3 weeks later...

In Aug 2003 we did the 4 night on the Majesty of the sea and we had 4 of us in a room, 2 adults and 2 kids. Yes, it was a tight squeeze, but really not that bad, considering that we didnt spend much time in there except to sleep. The kids took their showers at night, me and my husband showered in the morning.It was a very tight squeeze considering we also had a stroller and carseat in there as well.;)

That does not sound right, what cruise line and ship are you on? did you book with an agent or with the cruiseline directly? If with cruiseline you might save more , on all of you, by having a good cruise agent pick up the booking.

I booked with the cruiseline directly, we did save money because we are repeat customers, but my grandson is 14 months old and I am paying approx $425.00 for him. Apparently port fees and government fees are the same for everybody, only break was on the cost of the cruise, if you can call it a break.

We have done a 14 day cruise with my husband, myself, and our two teenaged daughters (15 and 19) on a Celebrity ship, as well as a 7 day on an older Royal Caribbean. The rooms are smaller than the newer Victory's. We did just fine in the cheapest inside cabin, although you do have to shuffle showers after beach days and before dinner. My husband would work out at the gym before dinner, then shower there. The beds that pull down from the ceiling were comfortable, but not as nice as the lower beds. Our kids had no complaints. It was either go that way, as it was much cheaper, or not take them. Also, they are not whiners. We are never there except to sleep, shower and change. I think you'll have a blast!

Read on this board that when there are 4 in a cabin, some can shower in the spa. Therre's no charge and you don't have to rush out so the next preson can shower. Most ships give robes so you don't have to take all your clothes there but you could!

Originally, you stated cabin for 4, now you state that you have booked 3 cabins. Did I miss something, or did your party grow since the first post?

At any rate, it does sound as though you have figured it out, and seem happy with your decision.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy every bit of it! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally, you stated cabin for 4, now you state that you have booked 3 cabins. Did I miss something, or did your party grow since the first post?

At any rate, it does sound as though you have figured it out, and seem happy with your decision.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy every bit of it! :)

Maybe I jumped around. I was trying to be cheap. I have my 3 grown-up children and one daughter-in-law and grandson on the cruise. I was originally planning on having 4 of us in one cabin and one son/wife/grandchild in another cabin.

But after reading the boards I decided otherwise. I am an early riser anyway and I figured 3 cabins would be best. And I believe we got a great deal from Carnival, we are repeat customers, and for some wierd reason,we got a really great price on his cabin just because he lives in Arizona! Explain that to me?

Archived