Windstar 7 night Panama Canal to Puerto Caldera

sr. snorkeler

My wife and I, 81 and 78 yrs respectively, are thinking of taking this cruise in Jan 2018. Any seniors out there done this and have comments on getting on and off the zodiacs, excursions that may be too difficult, other tips or concerns. We are both physically active. We may also like to book private tours and any suggestions would be appreciated.

My wife and I are not officially not quite as senior, butwill say my wife is not agile as she once was. We did this last December on theStar Legend. All stops were tendered byZodiac. The step from top of tube tofloor of Zodiac is close to 2 feet but they have a small set wooden steps setagainst the side. There can be quite abit of wave movement between the ship and Zodiac. Consider it If you areconfident and comfortable going up and down steps and they do have plenty ofhelp available during tender transfers.

They have changed itinerary some for next year. One excursionI would not recommend if still offered is “Rock Fishing” on Isla Parida. Itinvolves trying to walk over rocks covered with slick tidal scum. People of all ages fell on excursion.

I agree with the comment above - if you have no trouble with stairs, you likely will have no problems. We had people of similar age when we did this cruise in February. Other than one day when the swells were high - most had no issues. We did have 2 people with prosthetic legs on our trip who somehow were not aware of the wet landings. They were the only ones that had issues that I was aware of.