20 yr old get free soda pkg wants to change to beer and wine pkg on board?

mimb1

Hi All,

Question; We are taking our two sons (25 & 20) on a Breakaway this summer to Bermuda. The older son received the free drink pkg but the younger son the free soda pkg. We will sign the consent form for the 20 yr old on board and are hoping he receives the free drink pkg at that time. Anyone have any experience with this situation. Thanks.

I know someone who done this on the Epic in the Med 2/3 years ago with no problem. They asked could they speak to someone higher up when at Guest Services and it took just over a day but the daughter 20 at the time got the Corks and Caps Package

I had this same question, we are travelling on May 28 on Breakaway to Bermuda with three 19 yr olds...I called and NCL advised that the young adults did not qualify for UBP; however, beer and wine allowed if the actual parent is on the ship and signs the consent form. Here's the info and i hope it helps:

What is the minimum age for purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages?

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol.

With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European and Australian voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

We will sign the consent form for the 20 yr old on board and are hoping he receives the free drink pkg at that time. Anyone have any experience with this situation. Thanks.

The 20 year old can pay for beer and wine with your consent. No drinks package for him.

We just got off the Breakaway with our two sons 24 and 20. When we boarded, our 24 year old had the alcohol package and the 20 year old had the soda package. We went to guest services and signed the waiver for the 20 year old to drink beer and wine. We asked if we could pay the gratuity and upgrade the soda to Cork and Caps (beer and wine) package. There was a lot of confusion, they had to call a supervisor, we waited around for what seemed like forever but they finally upgraded him. I honestly didn't think it would happen based on my research here on these boards. I kept telling my husband "It's not gonna happen". It did! It did make it nice for my sons to hang together and enjoy the cruise as they were both on a limited budget. I think the tax and gratuity was just under $100. Not all employees on the ship are on the same page with this subject. We did get different answers a couple times. We were pretty persistent and finally got what we were asking for. Once his card indicated Cork and Caps there was no problem the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Question; We are taking our two sons (25 & 20) on a Breakaway this summer to Bermuda. The older son received the free drink pkg but the younger son the free soda pkg. We will sign the consent form for the 20 yr old on board and are hoping he receives the free drink pkg at that time. Anyone have any experience with this situation. Thanks.

My son was 2 weeks away from his 21 ..no go with NCL

Such is life

We sailed 2/25 on Epic. Niece 20 1/2 received soda pkg with booking at time ALL In suite got perks. So, had she been 21 she would have had all the alcohol she wanted. They would NOT let her have alcohol or beer and wine only even with her mom's ok. Three of us in Owner's Suite. Same deal on board no upgrading.

However, we were in Owner's Suite. We received Champagne, 3 bottles of liquor, wine with my plat in LB and wine gift from staff. So, it was not really an issue for us.

She also received free champagne at Posh at sailaway and at all suite parties since her mom signed the form.

She likes mimosas or a little wine with dinner. And maybe a little Baileys in coffee.

Funny, I do not think she ever used her soda card. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Epic, over Thanksgiving, in the Haven and my oldest son received the free soda card. I signed the form for him to have beer and wine and asked about changing his soda card to Corks and Caps and it was a no. He could buy wine and beer but could not have the package - or buy the package.

We just got off the Breakaway with our two sons 24 and 20. When we boarded, our 24 year old had the alcohol package and the 20 year old had the soda package. We went to guest services and signed the waiver for the 20 year old to drink beer and wine. We asked if we could pay the gratuity and upgrade the soda to Cork and Caps (beer and wine) package. There was a lot of confusion, they had to call a supervisor, we waited around for what seemed like forever but they finally upgraded him. I honestly didn't think it would happen based on my research here on these boards. I kept telling my husband "It's not gonna happen". It did! It did make it nice for my sons to hang together and enjoy the cruise as they were both on a limited budget. I think the tax and gratuity was just under $100. Not all employees on the ship are on the same page with this subject. We did get different answers a couple times. We were pretty persistent and finally got what we were asking for. Once his card indicated Cork and Caps there was no problem the rest of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...

Just off Breakaway and had no problem upgrading our 20 year to the beer and wine package. We went to guest services after boarding and made the request seemed very routine we only had to pay the gratuty of $69 but the package was no charge. Huge savings for us. Thanks NCL.

Just off Breakaway and had no problem upgrading our 20 year to the beer and wine package. We went to guest services after boarding and made the request seemed very routine we only had to pay the gratuty of $69 but the package was no charge. Huge savings for us. Thanks NCL.

Wow, that's a score. Hope you had a great cruise.

Glad they didn't give you a problem! Hope you enjoyed your cruise.