Atlantis Review from April 26th

happychippy

Just returned from my cruise so wanted to share with you about our day at Atlantis.

We purchased passes in advance on Bahamas Day Pass Printed out the tickets immediately after booking,

also received an email confirmation that we could have printed later from.

We were on the Carnival Sunshine, and were scheduled in port from 8A-5P

Ship docked at 7:00A.M, so we were able to get off the ship early, but I knew the Atlantis was not going to be opened

until closer to 9A., so we grabbed a light breakfast and disembarked at 8:00A.M taxi drivers were lined up at in front

of the international building, and there were others also ready to go, so no wait just went to the taxi and was dropped

off within 10 minutes, it was $4 per person.

Ticket Counter was already opened for "pre purchased" window before 9A. There was two parties in front of us

that purchased their Atlantis Passes from the cruise line excursion desk, and the Atlantis rep advised them they had

to go back to the ship and come with their excursion group. Hope that worked out for them. Those two parties left

and we stepped up, handed her our printed pass and cruise ID's and less than 5 minutes she gave us our included lunch tickets, and wristbands to enjoy the day.

Pools and beaches are open at 9A but waterslides open at 10A., so we took our time walking through the Aquariums and walking the grounds. Even walked over to Dolphin Cay and watched the Dolphin sessions for a few minutes. After that we walked back to rent a locker and enjoy the park. The waterpark was so quiet in the morning, plenty of lounge chairs to pick from, and all the staff was very helpful and friendly. Beaches were clean, I did prefer Cove Beach over the Atlantis Beach.

We really did not have much wait for any of the slides/rides. It did get busier around lunch time, but even then it was less than a 5 minute wait for the rides. I think the park is just so big that there is plenty of areas to spread out and enjoy. We loved the aquariums. Not just The Dig, but over by the Coral Towers is the Predators Tunnel, don't miss that. We always say we want to come back to stay longer at the Atlantis after we visit, we just never seemed to make that happen.

Locker prices increased since we visited last year, and you will need a Credit Card to rent a locker. Atlantis is a CASHLESS place.

We are going in September, thank you for the review! If you have any more pictures, I would love to see them. As far as alcohol in the water park area, were the prices really high and do you remember what selection you had to choose from? The menu looked like the same snack bar items just from several different places...hamburger, hot dog or chicken sandwich? Was the food good?

we are heading there in about 3 weeks....we're there many other cruises in port while you were there? we will be there on a wednesday too and i'm hoping lines aren't long for us either...also, if you have any pics of the slides at the water park, would you mind posting them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums