NCL Pearl vs NCL Dawn

I can't speak of the Pearl itself having never sailed on it. It looked beautiful from the Sapphire Princess on our Alaska cruise.

I have sailed her sister ship, the Gem.

I personally like the Dawn, though I wish Dawn had the ship top Spinnaker and Bridge viewing room. I liked the Gems Saunas, over the bridge wings too. Overall the Dawn is a better ship for me though. The lap pool in the Spa is comparatively huge. the crew very friendly. I guess I just feel at home on the Dawn. I am looking forward to being on her now she went through the major rehab.

I know when I sailed on the Gem the Spinnaker lounge roof leaked real bad, buckets all over the place catching drips. Don't know if Pear has that problem. Too me the bowling area and rock climbing wall was wasted space, not enough folks were utilizing the space.

The Pearl has a Haven area. Thats great if your a Haven guest, if not, its just wasted space that you can only wonder whats going on in there.

I way preferred the Gem and Dawn to the Breakaway (we were Haven guests) also. That ship was just too impersonal for my taste. The idea of the restaurants on the promenade (Breakaway) is great, but was never used our cruise, even though the weather was wonderful.

I'm too cheap (maybe poor) to try that! I'd rather buy two cruises for the priced one of those. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I said that too, till I sailed in a full suite. Will never sail NCL in a non-suite again. The GV? You could probable take 6 to 8 cruises in a balcony room for just one in that suite. If I were rich though...