Golden-Handicapped cabin

gailisacruzin

Although we are not handicapped, we had a handicapped room on the Coral last summer. Actually it was very spacious! The bathroom had a roll in shower with pull down seating and an adjustable (either mounted or handheld) shower head. It was great and I got one for home when I came back. A curtain surrounded the area and floor drains surround the shower on two sides. The only time I didn't enjoy this was when I used too much shampoo and the over bubble slowed the flow into the drain. This made the bathroom floor wet, but it was dry by the time we got back from dinner. Hurray for room stewards. There was a king bed with ample room on either side. The closets had pull down clothes bars that were kind of cool. The only warning would be the small ramp that led to the balcony. When excited about a whale, I stumped my toe on the ramp in my frenzy to get my camera. They book those rooms if they are not needed by handicapped passengers. Why would they leave them empty? So don't feel guilty. Enjoy yourself!

Archived