golden handicapped cabin

gailisacruzin

Definitely a plus - the bathroom is 3 times the size of that in a regular stateroom [due to wheelchair access]. Also, the verandah is huge -only half is covered, but you will enjoy this stateroom I'm sure. I use a walker and we have been on the Golden 3 time, once in your cabin icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

If your husband or you are very tall the bathroom is a plus because it is a handheld so you can do your hair easily. I have MS and get HC room all the time. These rooms are twice the size of a normal room. How did you end up in the HC?

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

The cabin is larger because those of us that have wheelchairs need the larger door to get in a chair won't fit through a regular cabin door and there has to be enough room for a wheelchair to turn around and maneuver. Unfortunatally, there aren't a lot of handicap cabins so those of us that need them have to book very early to be sure we get one or we can't go and they only have 2 beds and most don't convert to queen. So if you have a family you have to book 2 cabins.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean

Star Princess 7/03(Alaska)

We were upgraded to A-303 on the Golden in 2001. It absolutely spoiled us!!The cabin is enormous as is the bathroom. We had booked for a much lower, inside cabin and didn't know until we arrived at the Terminal that we had been upgraded to this cabin.Later, we determined that it must be a handicapped cabin because of its spaciousness.This was one month after 9/11 so that's probably why it was given to us. What a treat-we're not disabled either. Lynne

We, too, are booked into a handicapped cabin for our 6/13 cruise on the Golden (E302 & E304). I didn't realize what it was when we booked at the end of April, just saw it was a bigger than normal size. I tried calling Princess after I realized, and they said when they haven't been booked by a certain time they release them for general booking. I wanted 2 rooms close to each other, and there were no rooms to switch to, although the agent did tell me if someone needed that room, we would be asked to move.

Golden Princess 6/13/04

Carnival Paradise 2002

Carnival Inspiration 2001

American Hawaii 1996

American Family 1990

Holland America Monarch Sun 1977

They normally don't open the handicap cabins for the general public untill 2 months from the sailing date. We got one last year and it is 1/3 larger than a comparable cabin. sb

Grand Princess Sept 2001

Grand Princess Sept 2002

Grand Princess Oct 2003

Star Princess Oct 2004

Archived