More Questions

mintypixie

Sorry to be a pain with more questions but you are all so helpful...

I read something about how tobacco might not being sold on EU cruises. We are doing a 3 nighter Southampton to Zeebrugge. Am I to take it that we would not be able to buy multi-packs of cigarettes on board and my hubby would have to bring enough with him?

Also excursions. In all my previous cruises we have always done our own thing in port and not booked an excursion. This time however we are traveling with my hubby's mother and aunt, neither of whom have cruised before, and they are worriers. I would have been happy getting a taxi into Bruges, but my MIL (bless her) was having panic attack thinking of all the things that could go wrong on the 20min journey from port to the city. Plus in the whole of Bruges there would not be a taxi to take us back to port. So I relented and booked on of the ships tours purely for the sake of my own sanity. I booked it online, however except for an email of the receipt, I have not been sent any documentation of this. Do I print off the receipt? Or will there be tickets sent out later? I am a bit confused as like I said I have never done a ships tour before.

I always print out the receipt to take with me.... just in case. Not that there's ever been a problem. It should show up in your cruise personaliser though if you look under excursions booked. The tickets will be in your cabin when you board - they aren't sent out. Hope your relatives enjoy their first cruise.

Sorry to be a pain with more questions but you are all so helpful...

I read something about how tobacco might not being sold on EU cruises. We are doing a 3 nighter Southampton to Zeebrugge. Am I to take it that we would not be able to buy multi-packs of cigarettes on board and my hubby would have to bring enough with him?

Also excursions. In all my previous cruises we have always done our own thing in port and not booked an excursion. This time however we are traveling with my hubby's mother and aunt, neither of whom have cruised before, and they are worriers. I would have been happy getting a taxi into Bruges, but my MIL (bless her) was having panic attack thinking of all the things that could go wrong on the 20min journey from port to the city. Plus in the whole of Bruges there would not be a taxi to take us back to port. So I relented and booked on of the ships tours purely for the sake of my own sanity. I booked it online, however except for an email of the receipt, I have not been sent any documentation of this. Do I print off the receipt? Or will there be tickets sent out later? I am a bit confused as like I said I have never done a ships tour before.

Hi, I take the confirmation email with me just in case, but you will most likely find the tickets in your cabin when you arrive.

If your trip happens to be a half day you may want to get the ship shuttle to Blankenberge for the second half. It is free and there is a sea front you can walk along.

I understand you wanting to book a trip on this occasion, but if you ever go again do come back and ask us about the train, it's very easy.

I don't know the answer to the cigarettes question, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks I will take the receipt just to keep the in-laws calm.

It is a half day tour, we get back at 2pm and there is at least a couple of hours left. Is the shuttle run by P&O or the port? How much does it cost? Where abouts do you get it from? Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to do a bit of shopping and have heard there is very little in Zeebrugge itself.

Thanks I will take the receipt just to keep the in-laws calm.

It is a half day tour, we get back at 2pm and there is at least a couple of hours left. Is the shuttle run by P&O or the port? How much does it cost? Where abouts do you get it from? Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to do a bit of shopping and have heard there is very little in Zeebrugge itself.

It's run by P&O, so it's just outside the ship, i think it's about 15 mins into Blankenberge from memory.

I would add that the shopping there is fairly basic, but it's still worth going for a look. I'm going to Zee Brugge this weekend, I don't think we will go into Brugge but I might go to Blankenberge and walk along the sea front.

You are right, as you're not going outside of the EU they won't be selling cartons of 200 cigarettes but you should still be able to buy single packs of 20 from the bar. The choice is however quite limited so as its only for 3 nights I would recommend taking a few packs of your favourite smokes with you