Excursions through RCI

Do any of the excursions in the Cruise Planner go "on sale"?? I could swear that both the Parasail & Zipline in Labadee were $95, yet now I am seeing them for $76....it doesn't say sale like the drink package, but am curious if this will be the same price once on board.......any info is appreciated...thanks :cool:

There was a sale a few weeks ago, offering 10%-20% off of some. It only lasted the weekend, though, and after it ended, the only excursion we're interested in increased it's price. So, buy the one you want - you can always cancel, then monitor regularly, and if a sale does show, cancel / repurchase at the lower price.

Yes, normal price is $95, RCCL is currently having the "Countdown to Cruise Sale" with up to 20% off select excursions, and up to 30% off other select cruise planner items. Like Swoopy said, the sale is set to expire today (it was originally set to expire Sunday, and they extended it)

I was able to cancel a refreshment package @ $26 per day and then re-book it @ $18 per day, so that was a deal!;) However, the excursions were actually a bit cheaper when I booked them initially vs the currently offered 10% off!:confused: Looks like they increased the price and then had a sale!:mad: RCI seems to do that a lot!

Not sure what this current excursion sale is doing, and also not sure if it's fleetwide, but for our August back-to-backs on Jewel, we were able to get considerable savings on those we already knew we would book. I had started a list of what we wanted for each port and the price when we first started looking at them (January). All but one of them was quite a bit cheaper. There have been sales at random times, and I've checked periodically, but haven't made any changes because any drop since we booked was a matter of a dollar or two, not worth the trouble to change. The sales do seem to be legitimate based on our experience. I think we saved about $150 from when we first started checking.

Pat

It is said to end today. It annoying that when looking at the shore excursion prices you cannot see that it is discounted. It just gives the price. I only knew it was lower as I had been considering a couple and saw the price go down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One unfortunate thing I experienced on a recent RCI excursion booking I made during the above mentioned 20% discount period was on the ship I received a call in the morning telling me that due to lack of participation one of my prebooked excursions had been cancelled. They refunded the amount as OBC and offered to rebook me on a different excursion at full price.

I explained to them that I didn't think it was fair that I had to pay full price for a different excursion since I booked during the 20% off period. She hummed and hawwed for a bit before rebooking me on a similar tour and then refunded me 20% of the difference.

So just a word to the wise, if you book something on discount at RCI and they cancel it through no fault of your own, you'll be asked to rebook another excursion at regular price unless you complain.