Honfleur...Easy Walk from Town to Dock?

pickypicky

I'd like to eat dinner in town on our overnight in port. I can see from Google Maps that it's about a 20 min. walk from where our ship, Azamara Journey, is supposed to dock to the area where I'd like to have dinner. My question is, will it be safe at night or should I plan to take a taxi? And are taxis relatively easy to find in the town?

It's an easy walk on flat ground, as you say about 20 minutes, but I'm not sure I would do it on my own at night as it is quite isolated, and not well lit. It was a shortcut walking track which skirted the river and went in between some factory buildings, then over the bridge into Honfleur.

We docked at Honfleur on Azamara Quest and they provided a shuttle service every 30 minutes to and from Honfleur, but we chose to walk both ways. Hopefully you will also get the same, especially if you are overnighting there.

Sorry, don't have any info on taxis at Honfleur.

Thank you! My plan is for our guide to drop us at the restaurant after our day's tour, and we find our way home to Journey. I will ask about where the shuttle pickup might be and hope to find it. Any idea about how easy it is to find a taxi from Honfleur town to the port?