Voom question

Hi,

Never did internet at sea. I have an international phone plan so I just use my phone as normal in ports.

Question about the Voom as I guess I'm not as internet savvy as I'd like to think.

So when I look up Voom for one device it says Surf and Stream and here's the description

Unlimited WiFi & Streaming - Purchase VOOM on Cruise Planner to get an exclusive discount off onboard prices.

Enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea. Share every unforgettable moment of your vacation in real time. And stay connected with video chat, texting and email – with VOOM, the fastest Internet at sea.

Right now I have a beverage package which includes VOOM

Deluxe Beverage Package and FREE VOOM

With VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea. Share every unforgettable moment of your vacation in real time. But hurry, this offer can only be booked before you sail.

Am I not getting something with the Beverage one that buying it otherwise would get me or since it says "free voom" I should get the same as if I just bought it for one device?

You are getting VOOM Surf & Stream either way, same service, both with the beverage package or buying it separately.

Are we sure that the VOOM included with this Sip and Stream package is Stream and not just Surf?

I think I just read somewhere that Surf & Stream is the only type offered pre-cruise. Surf is available, but only for purchase onboard. Is that correct? Does it vary by ship?

I've not seen Surf Only available pre-cruise for any ship for a few months.

It was discontinued in the planner fleet wide in Nov 2016.

Sooo....is it safe to assume that the Voom offered pre-cruise in combo w/the Deluxe drink package is surf and stream (not just surf)? I vote for yes.

Sooo....is it safe to assume that the Voom offered pre-cruise in combo w/the Deluxe drink package is surf and stream (not just surf)? I vote for yes.

I think it is because they specifically mention video.

The internet package for two devices is showing ~$34 Can. per day. In the terms and conditions it says this: Discount applies for pre-cruise purchases only and transactions must be completed no later than three days before sailing. Discounts will not be available onboard. Price is per day per device and must be purchase for the duration of your cruise.

This doesn't mean that it will cost $34 for each device each day does it ? The one device price is about $19. Can.

The internet package for two devices is showing ~$34 Can. per day. In the terms and conditions it says this: Discount applies for pre-cruise purchases only and transactions must be completed no later than three days before sailing. Discounts will not be available onboard. Price is per day per device and must be purchase for the duration of your cruise.

This doesn't mean that it will cost $34 for each device each day does it ? The one device price is about $19. Can.

The $34 has got to be the daily price for two devices.

On our last cruise the service was at best sketchy we had two days where it could not connect in our cabin we called CS and they could not help and gave us the 7777 number for their tech support I am ok with doing a bit of tech support but I am on vacation and when it did connect it was painfully slow all the time.

That and the cost + its the only game in town, there capacity seems to be very overloaded and too many people on a system will cause issues such as we had. If you make great claims and boasts about the service you should be able to follow up in all areas.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk