NCL Crown from Philly?

Precoria

Hi all! I am getting ready to have my first baby in a few weeks, and am going through cruise withdrawal! We are looking to plan a 7-day cruise out of Philly in May so we do not have to worry about flying.

Has anyone been on the Crown? Has anyone cruised out of Philly? Would love to hear from you guys!

Congratulations early on the new baby in a few weeks... your life will NEVER be the same so be prepared. Of course, in a good way.

My first baby is now a young adult, and she did the Crown from Philly to Bermuda this past May. Is that your destination?

You can do a search and I'm sure find tons of info from people, but one thing to understand is the Crown is a smaller, older ship, not one of the glitzy mega liners. I sailed the NCL Majesty to Bermuda and like the Crown, also a smaller, older ship, but that was one of my favorite cruises. Just a different feel, much more intimate and I loved it. Just wanted to let you know, some book the smaller, older ships and then complain when they hadn't done their research to know exactly what they were booking.

As I said, I'm sure you can find many reviews, and I'm sure others will respond, but my daughter had a great time.

I sailed the Crown out of Philly last month (10/16-10/23) to Bermuda. It was my 4th cruise, and my favorite so far. The crown is smaller, but with a baby I think you may find it easier than trying to maneuver diaper bags, strollers, etc. on a larger and hence, more crowded ship.

Like a previous poster said, the Crown is not a luxury ship, but I loved the intimacy of a smaller ship and smaller crew, the cabins are spacious, and depending on your destination, the Crown can go (In Bermuda) where none of the larger ships can go to dock.

With only one small ship boarding the day I boarded, the Philadelphia Port was a breeze to check in through. Pick-up was a bit of a process, but still less stressful than the Port of Miami (the only other one I've ever sailed from/to).

Let me know what your specific questions are, and I'll be glad to answer them for you.

Archived