Champagne Toast at Dinner Options

QTPieRye

Greetings.... need help with the best way to orchestrate a champagne toast at dinner for a group of 30 people. Not sure if we will be assigned to 8 or 10 person tables and not really sure how many bottles of champagne will be needed per table (I was thinking 2).

I basically have 3 options:

1. Have a few guests carry-on a bottle of champagne and give to dining room to serve on 1st night and pay corkage fees;

2. Order from Bon Voyage and pay inflated price, but no corkage fee;

3. See if I can use a group amenity point for the "champagne and chocolates" and ask for the champagne to be delivered to the dining room and the chocolates to the room.

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I was thinking if doing the same thing but I have a group of 70 and will use the points for travel bag and Inc. I'm thinking about bringing a case of two on myself and speak with the maitre d when I get on the ship to see if something could be worked out. 50 of us are coming at the same time. Of course tipping will be done.

I'm thinking about bringing a case of two on myself and speak with the maitre d when I get on the ship to see if something could be worked out.
Each adult may bring one 750 ml bottle aboard. They may not be aggregated so that one person brings the entire allotment onboard.

Greetings.... need help with the best way to orchestrate a champagne toast at dinner for a group of 30 people. Not sure if we will be assigned to 8 or 10 person tables and not really sure how many bottles of champagne will be needed per table (I was thinking 2).

I basically have 3 options:

1. Have a few guests carry-on a bottle of champagne and give to dining room to serve on 1st night and pay corkage fees;

2. Order from Bon Voyage and pay inflated price, but no corkage fee;

3. See if I can use a group amenity point for the "champagne and chocolates" and ask for the champagne to be delivered to the dining room and the chocolates to the room.

Anyone ever done this?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to do a pre-dinner toast, It'll be quicker to bring your own into the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there. I was thinking if doing the same thing but I have a group of 70 and will use the points for travel bag and Inc. I'm thinking about bringing a case of two on myself and speak with the maitre d when I get on the ship to see if something could be worked out. 50 of us are coming at the same time. Of course tipping will be done.

Sounds like we are in a similiar situation! I think I am going to opt for the Champagne & Chocolates through FunShops using amenity points..... I am going to go with 1 of the following options:

1. Go around to each cabin when I board the ship and stick a tag on the bottle that says something fun..... maybe something like "Cheers to 30 Years! Bring to to MDR tonight for special toast!"

2. Go around to all cabins and remove champagne bottle and deliver myself to the dining room for dinner night #1. Keep the remaining bottles for elegant night toast and mimosas for the group during our sea day!

P.S I have confirmed with CCL that there is no corkage charge for items delivered from the FunShop :)

Edited by QTPieRye