Mini Suite on Aurora

PJ's

I'm so looking forward to our cruise on Aurora in December - never been on her yet.

Got a good deal on a mini suite....so excited, never had a mini suite before. The best cabin we've had was a deluxe balcony on Azura. Not sure what 'perks' we get with a mini suite but I'm sure someone will know. I know we get the bathrobes and slippers, chocs, flowers, canopies daily. My husband seems to think that we can have breakfast in the Glass House? Is this correct?

Roll on........:):)

Ever so sorry, but no you can't have breakfast there. Only full Suites get that.

However, having had Mini-suites on Aurora, I can confirm they are lovely! [emoji4]

You will love it!

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We have also booked a mini suite on Aurora but for the end of June. I think we will get an early embarkation time. Hopefully we are in the right direction for future cruises, maybe full suites.��

You will definitely get the earliest embarkation time of 12:30pm. All mini-suites and Suites get that time.

A mini-Suite on Aurora was the first cabin we ever had on P&O back in 2001 and we loved it. They are lovely rooms. There's a curtain that you can pull between the bedroom area and the lounge area. The settee and chairs and are actually better than the ones in full Suites! You also now get a coffee machine that you never used to get. The perks that come with a mini-Suite are much better than you used to have - the only things you got back then were an early embarkation, slippers and a robe and you only got canapes a few times a cruise, not every day.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We were in a mini suite on Aurora last December and can confirm they are lovely, lots of room, good furniture - a proper table and chairs so you can choose to have a Room Service lunch and eat it at a proper table if you so wish. I can confirm that unfortunately you do not get to have breakfast in The Glasshouse, it is only for full suite passengers - a great pity! We are next on Aurora in January for a long trip round South America and have a mini suite so really looking forward to that. You do get everything else that has been mentioned - (well usually a plant these days), fizz in an ice bucket, chocolates and fruit bowl plus binoculars, and atlas and some magazines.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Pity about the breakfast but never mind we usually go to the MDR. Never realized how spacious the suites were...really looking forward to this cruise now.

We are travelling with friends who have also booked a mini suite. Am I right in thinking that the mini suites are all on deck B? As we have both booked a guaranteed CD grade we should be on the same deck but not necessarily near each other? According to our TA we can embark at 1.00pm but until we get our e-ticket not sure if this time is correct. Now only got to decide where to stay overnight....in Southampton (which is what we usually do) or to stay within an hour's drive of Southampton (maybe Winchester). Anyone have any suggestions? We have stayed in Southampton so many times in the last few years that we are thinking of something different.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Pity about the breakfast but never mind we usually go to the MDR. Never realized how spacious the suites were...really looking forward to this cruise now.

We are travelling with friends who have also booked a mini suite. Am I right in thinking that the mini suites are all on deck B? As we have both booked a guaranteed CD grade we should be on the same deck but not necessarily near each other? According to our TA we can embark at 1.00pm but until we get our e-ticket not sure if this time is correct. Now only got to decide where to stay overnight....in Southampton (which is what we usually do) or to stay within an hour's drive of Southampton (maybe Winchester). Anyone have any suggestions? We have stayed in Southampton so many times in the last few years that we are thinking of something different.

Hi there,

Yes, all the mini-Suites on Aurora are on B Deck.

You're TA is wrong about the embarkation time. You will get given 12:30pm, as I've already mentioned, as you have booked a mini-Suite. If you had an ordinary cabin, and were Caribbean Tier on the Peninsular Club, you would be able to board at 1pm.

Someone else will have to help with staying in Southampton as we never do this.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Embarkation time of 12.30pm is brilliant. Will the buffet be open for lunch at this time?

Usually we get a time of 3.30pm for embarkation....only once had a time of 2.00pm and not sure why.

I'm sure we will have a great cruise....things are looking better every day.:D:D

Embarkation time of 12.30pm is brilliant. Will the buffet be open for lunch at this time?

Usually we get a time of 3.30pm for embarkation....only once had a time of 2.00pm and not sure why.

I'm sure we will have a great cruise....things are looking better every day.:D:D

We have boarded Britannia at 12.30pm twice and Ventura at 12.15pm. On all occasions we have had a short wait until the buffet opens, but at least you are still amongst the first to use it. I suspect that it will be the same on Aurora but, sadly, when we board her on Saturday we are not in a suite :(

Whenever we have stayed the night before a cruise we have used the Grand Harbour Hotel - no complaints.

Next time though I want to stay at The Pig in the Wall. They have free shuttles to the Pig in the New Forest for dinner. We're boarding Aurora on Saturday but we're driving down on the day this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were thinking of driving down on the day but if we can embark a 12.30pm we will have to leave home very early and as it is a mid week day (Wed) not sure if we want to risk it (traffic probs). We live in Leeds so it is quite a journey for us. I'm sure we will end up in Southampton again overnight but will keep our options open...no rush to book anything yet.;)

When you board you will be directed to the complimentary lunch with drinks which will be either in one of the restaurants or one of the lounges. This consists of lots of small items, both hot and cold and then a delicious selection of puddings. The waiters will come round with drinks - fizz, red or white wine etc. If you want another drink just catch the eye of one of the wine waiters. Of course if you prefer you can go to the buffet for lunch but we love this complimentary lunch, a lovely way to start the cruise.

When you board you will be directed to the complimentary lunch with drinks which will be either in one of the restaurants or one of the lounges. This consists of lots of small items, both hot and cold and then a delicious selection of puddings. The waiters will come round with drinks - fizz, red or white wine etc. If you want another drink just catch the eye of one of the wine waiters. Of course if you prefer you can go to the buffet for lunch but we love this complimentary lunch, a lovely way to start the cruise.

I thought the complimentary lunch was for full suite passengers and those on high levels of the peninsular club? If we are able to attend this then the cruise is looking better still!! :D:D

I thought the complimentary lunch was for full suite passengers and those on high levels of the peninsular club? If we are able to attend this then the cruise is looking better still!! :D:D

Yep, annieuk is correct, you do get to go to the welcome buffet. It's Mini-suites, Suites and Caribbean tier members and above.

Enjoy! 😊

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Yes you get to go to the complimentary lunch in mini suites; we did when we had one on Oriana. It's for suite and mini suite, Caribbean, Baltic and Ligurian tier passengers. All get 12.30 embarkation except Caribbean who get 1pm.

Just realised I'm Baltic next cruise!

Could you please tell me the quality of TV's in the mini suite. Also I read that there are DVD players as well. Otherwise my son will bring a portable DVD player so he can watch films.

I'm 99.9% sure they have. However, sometimes they don't work well so your son may be advised to take something else to use just in case.

Cheers

CP