Can you drop off your luggage earlier than your assigned check in time?

Hi!

I am staying in New Orleans for a few days before my Carnival Dream cruise in a few weeks. My airbnb check out is at 10am, and my cruise check in isn't until 1:30pm. Is there a way for me to drop my luggage off in the morning, then go explore the port before coming back to check in?

Thanks!

You should be able to give them your luggage around 10:30 or 11. Most people are off the ship by then. We are Platinum, and tend to get to the port around 11, and have never had a problem giving a porter our luggage. They don't know when your "check-in" time is, and they don't care. They happily take your luggage. Just make sure you have all your boarding documents in your carryon!

Hi!

I am staying in New Orleans for a few days before my Carnival Dream cruise in a few weeks. My airbnb check out is at 10am, and my cruise check in isn't until 1:30pm. Is there a way for me to drop my luggage off in the morning, then go explore the port before coming back to check in?

Thanks!

Yes! Last month I had a 10:30AM check-in time at NOLA. There were porters readily available to accept luggage around 10AM. They don't care out there in that area what time your check-in is (I tip a couple bucks to drop my luggage). Nobody checks that until you try to enter the terminal. You can drop your luggage with the porters and then head out to explore the downtown area in NOLA. Hope you have a great cruise! NOLA is my favorite embarkation city because there is so much to do in the surrounding downtown area. I always enjoy Harrah's on embarkation day before check-in time.

Hi!

Thanks!

Yes you can.

You sure can do this, in fact on our last cruise they encouraged it. They had buses lined up to take people to tourist areas around the port. I did however tip the porter a few extra bucks to insure my luggage would not get lost :D.