Norwegian will not allow me to add more cabins and hold when already booked in cabin

LSKC

That seems crazy to me.

We are booked in an OV. Our friends have decided to book and come with us... so we will upgrade to a new category to be beside them on the ship. I just called NCL to put a 24 hour hold on 3 cabins until we meet with our friends tomorrow to make final decisions/plans - and they insist that I CANNOT put these cabins on hold unless I cancel my existing OV before hand.

There are not many rooms left in this category that are side by side, hence why I wanted to be proactive and hold them as I'm pretty sure that is the category we will decide on tomorrow.

Disappointed.

I was able to hold a cabin online when I was booked in another cabin. Then I called the next day to make the move. You can try that.

It's a Jan 6/18 sailing so I don't think a lot of demand?.. I was surprised. He got half way through the process of putting it on hold and then told me NO, if you are already in a cabin... I cannot hold another cabin for the same names. He suggested I wait even though the upgrade puts several thousand more dollars into NCL's pockets. Weird. It was just a hold for peace of mind until we could meet with our friends tomorrow and make a final decision. He suggested I call them tonight (its 10:20pm?>!!!) and urge them to decide since we couldn't put a hold on them. I told them I wasn't interested in pressuring our friends into making a decision at this time of night.

Update: I called back and spoke with a much kinder soul who said it would be no problem putting a hold on them and seemed surprised that the other representative gave me a problem about it. :cool: Glad I called back! :confused:

Update: I called back and spoke with a much kinder soul who said it would be no problem putting a hold on them and seemed surprised that the other representative gave me a problem about it. :cool: Glad I called back! :confused:

Absolutely typical of NCL.

This is the reason so many people on this forum say to keep calling back until you get the answer you want.

Maybe it's the number of cabins that are a problem. Taking 4 cabins out of inventory for 1 person may be considered excessive and not allowed for the same reason you want to hold them. You're worried they won't be available tomorrow and NCL doesn't want other buyers to not be able to get the cabin they want while waiting for you and your friends to make a decision............

Maybe it's the number of cabins that are a problem. Taking 4 cabins out of inventory for 1 person may be considered excessive and not allowed for the same reason you want to hold them. You're worried they won't be available tomorrow and NCL doesn't want other buyers to not be able to get the cabin they want while waiting for you and your friends to make a decision............

I guess you are right but i think they'd prefer us booking 3 B6 rooms over 1 OV. It was a hold for myself and another family. 9 people in total so 3 cabins isn't excessive - its necessary. The OV will be released tomorrow. If NCL has a hold policy in place, it exists for this exact reason. So people can take a moment to make a decision.............

After all, you already have a cabin. Asking to just put your name on another, and then add a few more for the heck of it is a bit crazy from a business/inventory perspective. I am glad they helped you out though.

Something to be aware of is if their computer system sees that you are double booked (or in your case quad booked) it could automatically cancel all of your reservations including your OV. The easiest way to play the game is to use a different name for each cabin for a hold so the computer doesn't potentially mess things up.

I think the double booking computer thing goes for all/most cruise lines but I am not 100% sure.

Absolutely typical of NCL.

This is the reason so many people on this forum say to keep calling back until you get the answer you want.

and once you get a PCC that knows how to work their system, use only him or her