Dining Reservations

Went on the RC website and under cruise planner/dining it now says 'Its Your time to enjoy the ultimate dining experience' and under that says 'plan all cruise dining' But when I go there its offering 'first night done right' chops grille and Ultimate dining package. I'm assuming by this that its a specialty dining package, andthe only thing I am able to reserve at the moment is the specialty dining package. MDR/Giovanni's Table etc are not available to reserve at the moment? (Oasis in November)

The ultimate dining package opened up before regular dining options in my planner as well. Guess they are hoping to motivate some people to commit out of convenience... Bob you are once again absolutely correct...there is no rhyme or reason to how RCCL rolls things out sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by widallas

Wondering about 1st Night Done Right. I am not given the option of selecting which restaurant I want. Does RC just assign you to one? I have been on hold for customer service for 35 minutes!

Wondering about 1st Night Done Right. I am not given the option of selecting which restaurant I want. Does RC just assign you to one? I have been on hold for customer service for 35 minutes!

Yes, the ship picks the restaurant. You won't know which until you are onboard. Space permitting, you can change it.

Cruising Anthem OTS in October, so I just looked at the Dining packages. I though they had a package where you received two dinners of their choice. We're with another couple (their first time on Royal), and I'm not sure if they'll want to do the package. Royal doesn't seem to make anything easy!

say you have no reservations at all, can you take a chance and call once on board and ask if they have a opening at this place or that for this day or that day ?

Yes. We've never pre-booked a specialty restaurant and have always been able to get a reservation. The day and time we get might not be our first choice, but we're flexible.

Yes. We've never pre-booked a specialty restaurant and have always been able to get a reservation. The day and time we get might not be our first choice, but we're flexible.

Dont forget on board negotiate discount for specialty restaurants especially if they approach you.

Yep, we've done that too.:)

We were approached first day(3 night independence cruise April 28) in the Windjammer and negotiated 30% discount for Giovannis for night 2.It was fantastic so we went on last night and got 30% again because we had dined there the previous night.

our cruise planner for our September cruise gave two specialty dining options: BOGO and Ultimate dining. I did call and the pre-cruise planning department told me they would be loading the 3, 4 night specialty dining packages later. I would think they want to push those other packages first.

our cruise planner for our September cruise gave two specialty dining options: BOGO and Ultimate dining. I did call and the pre-cruise planning department told me they would be loading the 3, 4 night specialty dining packages later. I would think they want to push those other packages first.

On Independence there was cards on the tables in Windjammer promoting the various speciality restaurant deals.

Dont forget on board negotiate discount for specialty restaurants especially if they approach you.

ive never heard of this. what discounts are typical. will they book the dinners right then and there so you can be sure you get what you want? i'm assuming they are approaching you 1st day when you speak of this

ive never heard of this. what discounts are typical. will they book the dinners right then and there so you can be sure you get what you want? i'm assuming they are approaching you 1st day when you speak of this

We've been offered 20% off several times.

First day either by the pool or lunchtime in Windjammer we have been approached and negotiated a discount and obviously it was quiet for the second night so we had a chat and agreed a discount.

If you go to the restaurant yourself they are less likely to offer much.

all interesting info. sounds like i should do the bogo then see about someone approaching me if i want more than that. and id get a nice discount too. unsure id even want to eat more than 2 meals at this point but need to know my options

all interesting info. sounds like i should do the bogo then see about someone approaching me if i want more than that. and id get a nice discount too. unsure id even want to eat more than 2 meals at this point but need to know my options

They did us a favour because it was our first time at Giovannis as we usually do chops and the food and service was fantastic, George our waiter was brilliant.