Crusing Questions

TravelGirl79

Hi! I appreciate any help i can get on this!!!!

I'm cruising on the Valor on 12/25 and was wondering what goes on for New Years Eve. The problem is that's our last night and since they collect the luggage that night for disembarkation do people still get dressed up or is it a casual thing? We always take an extra duffel for disembarkation just trying to figure out how it all works.

Also, we really want to do the cave tubing in belize. The people I'm traveling with are really nervous about booking excursions with independent companies. Some people have recommended X-treme? Any info about this company would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!:) :D :cool:

Hola T-girl,

First, I must say, "Have fun"! As for the dinner thing, dress casual, eat well and sleep like a baby. The cavetubing is a hoot.:p We booked with Marvin at Wet & Wild. Great trip, and would not hesitate to go with them again. I have also seen great reviews on X-stream and Coral Breeze, so don't be afraid to book through local companies. They have a reputation to uphold. Not only are the tours less crowded, but they tend to be 30% to 40% cheaper than the cruiseline offerings.

We boarded a cruise on New Years eve and quite frankly most were dressed in jeans and sweatshirts. It was out of New Orleans and it was COLD that night. Since the Valor goes out of Miami you probably won't have to worry about it being cold that last night. Just dress casual and enjoy the party.

I would think that the NYE party would be causal because of the luggage issue.

as for cave tubing book with a local. We were on the valor 11/13-22 and used www.cave-tubing.com they were awesome. We paid $45 (plus tip). The ship charges $93. We were put in groups of 4 each group w/their own guide. We passed many people on the river that were pretty much abandoned by their guide (they have about 100 people to 1 or 2 guides). Yhony made sure we stayed ahead of the cruise ship tours so that we were back in plenty of time. We even had a problem with one of the vans and he had another van brought to the cave tubing site to bring us back to the ship while we were on the river so there was no waiting!

Archived