Fort Lauderdale Hotel

We stayed at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, Pompano Beach last December 1 & 2. It was under $120 for the night for a beachfront hotel, booked online. It was nice enough and had a huge balcony overlooking the beach. No free breakfast, but the sports bar in the strip mall across A1A had great omelets.

We rented a car at FLL Enterprise for less than $50 for a day, then one of the wonderful staff at rental car return found me a receipt for a sister rental car company that lets you ride the Port shuttle for free.

Any opinions on the Hyatt place 17th street convention center?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've stayed at Embasy and Hyatt 17th. To us it's a toss up. IMHO rooms are better at Hyatt but we didn't have a bathtub. After a flight I like to relax!

Breakfast and cocktail hour the Embassy Suites win.

There really isn't much in it

In terms of getting to the beach we got a taxi down about $15 but trying to find a taxi back was hard. We had to walk to a nearby hotel to get them to call us a taxi. They were great and actually gave us a lift back in their shuttle! We may well stay on the beach next time just for a change.

We've stayed at the Marriott Rennassaince. There is a Budget office across the parking lot. You can rent at the airport

and turn in the car at the 17th street locations right near the hotel.

Budget has a shuttle to the cruise port for no cost.

We stay at the Lago Mar. It is right on the beach. No free breakfast or shuttle, but a cab or Uber isn't too expensive. We arrive a few days early, and if we are sailing out on a Sunday, we can sit on the beach and wave to the Saturday ship as they sail out. Everyone there is very kind, and they treat you like family. They have two pools, putt putt, shuffleboard, etc. When we have a big group sailing, they always have a van/cab waiting for us when we head down to check out. It may not be the least expensive option, but we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

my wife and I always stay at the hyatt pier 66. they do have a free shuttle to the beach with towels. however, I'd much rather stay on the property vs go to the beach. the pool is massive and very nice with a waterfall feature. the hot tub fits 30+ people and rarely is anyone in it. the pool side bar has a great menu and dinner at pelican landing a short walk down to the marina is a must for sunset.

the hotel offers rooms in the tower (the main structure) or slightly cheaper rooms in the surrounding buildings by the pool/waterway. and being a short taxi ride to the port is a huge perk.

We enjoyed our recent stay there as well, though I'd have enjoyed it more if I hadn't brought a case of Food Poisoning from home :mad: . The plus here is a grocery chain offered 4x gas rewards points on gift card purchases, and they sold Hyatt gift cards!! This enabled us to stay at a resort higher up the tree than usual and "pre-pay on the installment plan." Hyatt Pier 66 generally has deals available for cruise passengers that include free breakfast a couple free drinks, and cruise transfers. Staff very helpful and friendly all around. We did Silvercar, I've paid far more for cars far less desirable than a low-mileage A4, and they drove us to the port after we dropped off the car.

My sole gripe other than selecting a different sandwich choice the last evening at home was we stayed in one of the lanai rooms. A bit of a walk and while quiet outside, between the fridge and the AC cycling the room sounded like it was haunted at night.