Fort Lauderdale Hotel

Hi everyone,

My husband and I sailed Independence last December and are excited to sail the other side of the Caribbean this coming December.

We got in pretty late to Fort Lauderdale last time and are thinking we want to fly down earlier to enjoy a full day on the beach there - does anyone have a hotel preference? We want to stay fairly frugal, but either close to the water, or something with an included shuttle. Breakfast would be a plus! 😀😀

Thanks in advance!

Springhill Suites in Dania Beach is not near the beach, but has free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port, and free breakfast.

We are staying here on Saturday night and the price was very reasonable.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I sailed Independence last December and are excited to sail the other side of the Caribbean this coming December.

We got in pretty late to Fort Lauderdale last time and are thinking we want to fly down earlier to enjoy a full day on the beach there - does anyone have a hotel preference? We want to stay fairly frugal, but either close to the water, or something with an included shuttle. Breakfast would be a plus! 😀😀

Thanks in advance!

Best Western Oceanside!

We've stayed there about a half-dozen times and found it a very nice property. Walking distance to shopping and a few restaurants.

Nothing truly frugal in Ft Lauderdale near beach or beach access or shuttle to port. Not having a car limits you to any establishment that has a shuttle or near the port. We are originally from FLL and use a place called Gault Villas Inn, a mom and pop place on A1A in the Gault mile area, not on the directly on the beach, never tried to get to the beach from there, you need a car. Sorry best I can give for FLL

my wife and I always stay at the hyatt pier 66. they do have a free shuttle to the beach with towels. however, I'd much rather stay on the property vs go to the beach. the pool is massive and very nice with a waterfall feature. the hot tub fits 30+ people and rarely is anyone in it. the pool side bar has a great menu and dinner at pelican landing a short walk down to the marina is a must for sunset.

the hotel offers rooms in the tower (the main structure) or slightly cheaper rooms in the surrounding buildings by the pool/waterway. and being a short taxi ride to the port is a huge perk.

my wife and I always stay at the hyatt pier 66. they do have a free shuttle to the beach with towels. however, I'd much rather stay on the property vs go to the beach. the pool is massive and very nice with a waterfall feature.

LOVE that waterfall thing. I can stand under it for hours.

I also love the Avis at the Hyatt Pier 66. It makes it so convenient to return the car rental the morning of the cruise.

We've stayed there about a half-dozen times and found it a very nice property. Walking distance to shopping and a few restaurants.

Did you use the hotel shuttle? When did you leave and get to the ship?

Springhill Suites in Dania Beach is not near the beach, but has free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port, and free breakfast.

I just priced this out on their website and it's quoting a rate of $275 for one night! (next April) :eek: Is that "very reasonable" for FLL??? Or is it maybe just because I'm trying to get a price so far in advance?

Did you use the hotel shuttle? When did you leave and get to the ship?

We used the hotel shuttle once and a taxi all the other times. I believe we chose the 10:30am hotel shuttle.

We stayed at The Bahia Mar by Hilton Double Tree 2 years ago and will stay there again this October. Has a walkway to the beach and is a Hilton. Nicew pool and about a 20$ cab ride to the airport and cruise terminal. The rooms are basic and dated but clean anc comfortable and the AC works well. Also has a ton of restuyarants that range in price withing a 5 minute walk along with a walgreens as well just down the road which is convienent for quick things like sunscreen and wine if you dont want to pack and bring that with you ---- all right on the beach and you can see ships coming in and leaving port. Our rooms for October are 112 a night and no resort fees

I just priced this out on their website and it's quoting a rate of $275 for one night! (next April) :eek: Is that "very reasonable" for FLL??? Or is it maybe just because I'm trying to get a price so far in advance?

We paid 1/2 that price 5 months out.

I would imagine that rates go up around spring break. Everything is higher. I checked for mid Dec. and the rates for 3 of us was $188 with a AAA discount.

LOVE that waterfall thing. I can stand under it for hours.

I also love the Avis at the Hyatt Pier 66. It makes it so convenient to return the car rental the morning of the cruise.

If you turn in the car on your checkin day you don't have to pay the $21 hotel parking fee. Avis doesn't have a car key drop box, but I have successfully dropped keys with hotel front desk when checking in after 4 (on a weekend).

Shuttle vs cab to ship is a wash - if a shuttle is leaving we use the shuttle.

We like Embassy Suites, but like the others mentioned here, it is not on the beach. It has a lovely pool area, included hot breakfast and nightly happy hour, and is within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

This year, we're going down a few days early for our cruise and want to stay at a beach hotel. I've read many reviews for FLL hotels and we booked the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. It sounds nice. This hotel is not exactly frugal, but a beach hotel is usually more expensive. The op might want to check out the reviews.

I think Margaritaville Resort on Hollywood Beach is by far the best beach option in the area. It won't be frugal, but you may consider checking rates and comparing and seeing if it's worth the bit extra.

Marriott Harbor Beach is also a nice hotel if staying on the beach.

Any opinions on the Hyatt place 17th street convention center?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed at Hyatt Place several times and have plans to stay there 2 more times. The set-up of the rooms is great. There is a couch in the living room as well as a sink with a coffeemaker and a desk in the same area. We also had two beds in the bedroom section. The sink for the bathroom is not in the bathroom so someone can be brushing teeth etc. while someone else is taking a bath or shower.

I think their free breakfast is very much like that of a Hampton Inn. They have a make your own waffle machine as well as standard pastry, eggs, sausage, fruit, etc. The employees of the hotel are also very friendly.

They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle to the cruise ship in the morning. I think it's about $10 per person to the port, but I'm not sure.

It is within walking area to an Outback restaurant, a strip mall which has Publix and Total Wine and a few restaurants. To me, it is the perfect location and the rates are considerably lower if booked through Valuetrips.com. I have checked prices on other hotels for our July cruise and they are all significantly higher.