Future Cruise Vacation program (FCV) - Changes

I am surprised a forum has not already been started regarding the change to the future cruise program but I wanted to get everyones thoughts. I am honestly very upset by the change and I have written the following to both John Heald and Arlene Marichal, Senior Director, Guest Services. See below for my note. I am hoping I was not wrong that many people are upset by these actions. I also implore those that agree write John, Arlene, and the rest of the senior beards and see if we can start change.

John,

I wanted to let you know how disappointed we are with thechanges to the future cruise program. We have been loyal to carnival since westarted cruising. Since 2011 we have sailed with you 17 times for a total of113 days and we also have three cruises booked over the next year. That said wehave seen budget cuts every year we have sailed with you. Some of these items have already been beatento death on an individual basis but in the aggregate it paints a differentstory. Items we have seen changed sincewe started cruising include, (i) the old change to the future cruise program(previously you could buy the certificates that had to be used within at leasta year I believe), (ii) changes in the MDR (removal of table cloths), (iii) theloss of the chocolates at night, (iv) changes to the loyalty program, (v)changes to the servicing of the staterooms, (vi) the loss of the everyday freesushi to the taste bar, (vii) major changes to the Players Club andtransparency around comps, and these are just a few that come to mind. I havewritten you and the beards in the past to voice my displeasure with some ofthese changes but this time I really have to express how saddened I am with therecent change. The future cruise program is something offered by all yourcompetitors and for the most part I believe every one of them offer a greateramount of OBC (dependent on sailing duration) and offer refundable fares asplans change. The biggest key being that plans change so it’s always nice toknow we can book under a refundable fare and if life events occur I am notlocked into a cruise that if I have to change I will either (i) incur changefees or (ii) risk the loss of my deposit. Obviously I can chose not to bookunder the future cruise program and still be protected, but then I lose a privilegeI have always loved and taken advantage of. Secondly, if the cruise price wereto change and I take advantage of my early saver it’s a shame that you willtake away the OBC that I earned by booking so early in the first place. In myentire cruise history (unless I was on a bounce back) I have gotten a pricedrop on every single one of my cruises. That said going off history why would Iever book under the new program knowing I will lose the OBC. I am sure I am notthe only one who feels this way. I beg you please reconsider this new program.Talk to your customers – I can’t imagine anyone is really happy about thischange.

Surprise! See the thread above.

John, et al don't care. The only thing they care about is the bottom line. If you are that upset about the changes, leave. I just did - am now sailing on Princess rather than Carnival for my Panama Canal cruise after finding a much better deal. My Princess loyalty program benefits after one cruise are already better than Carnival's gold benefits, so why not?

Edited by VASOXFANN