Have you cruised Prince Rupert?

wizard-of-roz

:confused: My husband and I are cruising the Northwest in September, 2006. This will be our 7th cruise. I've got the "bug!" We just got off the Summit to Cabo 3 weeks ago and I'm "hooked!" It had been 7 years in between cruises and I'd forgotten how much fun it was! I can't wait to go again (anywhere.) Because we both love the Northwest territory, I chose the Mercury to Prince Rupert, Inside Passage and the Campbell River, leaving out of Seattle. We're combining our trip with a "road trip", from L.A., to stop in San Francisco (to visit family) and stop in Depot Bay, Oregon and then on to Seattle. Please tell me about Prince Rupert, what to do and any good suggestions. How's the Mercury?

Happy, Healthy Cruising:p

The Wizard-Of-Roz

did the same trip oct.2005-great cruise-loved the mercury.we walked around prince ruprt-check to see if the bear excursion is still available when you go-they had closed for the season when we went.the inside passage was gorgeous.cambell river looked really attractive.saw lots of marine life,orcas,porpoises etc.my only suggestion-do you really need to book this early?we found prices were much lower just before the cruise dates i.e.can.$170.00 for 5 night cruise??good luck and enjoy.

We went in early Oct and I took Celebrity's bear trip. Didn't see any bears but we got into some humpback's and it was truly amazing. You could smell their breath when they blew (stinky). Mercury is in great condition.

Jim

;) Thanks so much for the great advise about Prince Rupert and what to look for. I'm counting the months! The advise about booking now or waiting to get better pricing is good but, I'm afraid if I don't book early, I won't get the cabin I want. I'm hard of hearing and I bring my service dog on board with us. I like to get a "handicapped" room (because everything about them is larger), I found out that on the "Mercury" they only have 8 handicapped rooms and if I don't reserve now, I probably wouldn't have a chance on getting one later. Is there any way that I can still get in on discounts, even If I do book early? I'm booking through a TA. Please advise!

I Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one!

Wizard-of-Roz

Archived