Upgrade bid from M9 to Haven Spa question

maestrotim

I have tried to find an answer to this question but it isn't clear. If I have booked a Spa mini-suite (M9) and upgrade to a Haven category (other than the Haven Spa Suite (H9), will I keep my spa access? I've read that your booked category on your confirmations remains the same when you upgrade, with some upgrade designator added, but this is where it seems to go into a gray area. Has anyone had this scenario? I'm just trying to evaluate the value of a bid if it means I would also have to purchase two spa passes as well. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting question. My bet is no you would not keep those but would keep the "up to 5 free promos" you had to begin with.

Look forward to seeing what others have to say.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would agree and guess the spa access goes with the cabin, it was not a promotion that would move with the upgrade bid. I would call NCL before bidding if it matters to you, which I assume it does since you booked the spa cabin.

My understanding is that you keep the "perks" that you had on your original booking when bidding. So if you upgrade based on the bidding process to the Haven, you would not get the Haven perks - rather keep the Mini-suite perks your originally had. With that said, the spa access is not a direct perk - rather a cabin accommodation. If you get another cabin that does not come with this accommodation - it will not follow with you like your added perks (UDP, UBP etc) would.

As others have said Perks are the things like the free UBP, UDP etc -these you keep and do not get any additional perks if upgraded to the Haven. So if you chose UBP & UDP you keep those, and don't get any of the additional perks (Internet and Excursion credit)

The spa cabins have the amenity of access to the spa. So if you upgrade from a SPA mini-suite to a SPA Haven cabin, you keep spa access since that comes with the room. Conversely, if you have a spa mini-suite but upgrade to a Haven Courtyard, you lose spa access since the Haven courtyard doesn't have spa access with the room.

As others have said Perks are the things like the free UBP, UDP etc -these you keep and do not get any additional perks if upgraded to the Haven. So if you chose UBP & UDP you keep those, and don't get any of the additional perks (Internet and Excursion credit)

The spa cabins have the amenity of access to the spa. So if you upgrade from a SPA mini-suite to a SPA Haven cabin, you keep spa access since that comes with the room. Conversely, if you have a spa mini-suite but upgrade to a Haven Courtyard, you lose spa access since the Haven courtyard doesn't have spa access with the room.

But isn't the spa an amenity of the Haven, not a "perk"? Would it not be included? Does not everyone who purchased a Haven stateroom have access to the thermal spa no matter where their cabin is?

Only the Haven Spa Suite (H9) is granted access to the Spa (the price of the Thermal Spa Suite is built into the price of the H9). All other Haven categories have to purchase the Thermal Spa Pass if they want access to it.

But isn't the spa an amenity of the Haven, not a "perk"? Would it not be included? Does not everyone who purchased a Haven stateroom have access to the thermal spa no matter where their cabin is?

But isn't the spa an amenity of the Haven, not a "perk"?

No.

Would it not be included?

No, it is only included in the H9 suite.

Does not everyone who purchased a Haven stateroom have access to the thermal spa no matter where their cabin is?

No, it is only included in the H9 suite.

Back to the OP....

Moving out of the Spa mini-suite leaves the spa access for whomever moves into the now vacant Spa mini-suite. If both groups kept access, imagine the crowding issues in the Spa.

Last time I cruised NCL I was in a Haven Spa stateroom. I just assumed the thermal suite came with all the Haven staterooms and you know what assume means! We are in a spa balcony mini-suite in September. I was thinking about upgrading or bidding when the time gets closer, so this is great information to have! I think the thermal spa will be wonderful in the cooler climate of the Baltics! Thanks!

Edited by Seminole1975