Carnival Corp lost some $$$ tonight

VASOXFANN

The only rates now that are available for the OBC for booking onboard (or after) are ES. So if you want that special, you will be locked in to ES. No exceptions.

And it is $50 OBC. To change ES costs $50pp. It used to be a wash to book for $100 OBC, and if you changed it, there was a $100 change fee, but you kept the $100 OBC. Now it will cost a little.

But really, who cares about $50 OBC or an extra $50 change fee? The new rules seem to be targeting specific cruisers, and not cruisers in general. Seems to me that is what a promotion should do.

And it is $50 OBC. To change ES costs $50pp. It used to be a wash to book for $100 OBC, and if you changed it, there was a $100 change fee, but you kept the $100 OBC. Now it will cost a little.

But really, who cares about $50 OBC or an extra $50 change fee? The new rules seem to be targeting specific cruisers, and not cruisers in general. Seems to me that is what a promotion should do.

You didn't have to book ES before so there was no fee to change your booking later on if you didn't and your OBC for booking onboard would remain intact as it wasn't tied to any specific rate. It was stand alone OBC like the Shareholder OBC.

I never booked onboard and for sure won't now because of all the restrictions. Even if you get a price drop now, the $50 goes away. That's wrong IMHO.

You didn't have to book ES before so there was no fee to change your booking later on if you didn't and your OBC for booking onboard would remain intact as it wasn't tied to any specific rate. It was stand alone OBC like the Shareholder OBC.

I never booked onboard and for sure won't now because of all the restrictions. Even if you get a price drop now, the $50 goes away. That's wrong IMHO.

I think you are missing the boat. I mentioned that I think the promotion has a specific target market, and not everyone in general.

There have been plenty of Carnival promotions in the past that have had OBC associated with. OBC you lost if you changed the booking. Carnival has made the OBC with book onboard (which is no longer book onboard since you can book after onboard) consistent with other promotions.

The OBC was never guaranteed to be transferable. Can anyone provide written proof that it was guaranteed? Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

I think you are missing the boat. I mentioned that I think the promotion has a specific target market, and not everyone in general.

There have been plenty of Carnival promotions in the past that have had OBC associated with. OBC you lost if you changed the booking. Carnival has made the OBC with book onboard (which is no longer book onboard since you can book after onboard) consistent with other promotions.

The OBC was never guaranteed to be transferable. Can anyone provide written proof that it was guaranteed? Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

It was transferrable and the Future Cruise Desk people actually encouraged it. I know this because I attended the talks before. Now it's not and that's why they spelled out the changes in the program. One of which says any modifications to the reservation forfeits the OBC. I'm done with this now as I'm growing tired of repeating myself.

OP cancelled and is now booked on another cruise line and we are going to have a FANTASTIC time. I'm glad I was able to use my Passages Certificate (Celebrity's version of a Future Cruise Certificate) and they are honoring the original terms from when I purchased it in 2012 unlike Carnival did to OP. Always happy to help my fellow cruisers and save them money too! This was truly a blessing in disguise for OP. It may also be a thorn in Carnival's side as far as getting people to pony up a deposit months or even years ahead of time. We shall see.

It was transferrable and the Future Cruise Desk people actually encouraged it. I know this because I attended the talks before. Now it's not and that's why they spelled out the changes in the program. One of which says any modifications to the reservation forfeits the OBC. I'm done with this now as I'm growing tired of repeating myself.

OP cancelled and is now booked on another cruise line and we are going to have a FANTASTIC time. I'm glad I was able to use my Passages Certificate (Celebrity's version of a Future Cruise Certificate) and they are honoring the original terms from when I purchased it in 2012 unlike Carnival did to OP. Always happy to help my fellow cruisers and save them money too! This was truly a blessing in disguise for OP. It may also be a thorn in Carnival's side as far as getting people to pony up a deposit months or even years ahead of time. We shall see.

I'm happy for the OP and also for you who posted you've never taken advantage of the offer previously known as book onboard. I used to take advantage of the book onboard offer, and may be one of many reasons why they changed it. Rather than be upset that it is gone, I am grateful for the opportunity and the money that it saved me. Happy cruising!