Golf Carts at Docks in Ports

We are cruising the Southern Caribbean in June out of San Juan. Because my husband has back and hip issues, do you know if there are golf carts or some form of transportation from the ship to the end of the dock? I know on several of our cruises there has been, but it's been so long since we were on this itinerary I couldn't remember. Thanks!

We are cruising the Southern Caribbean in June out of San Juan. Because my husband has back and hip issues, do you know if there are golf carts or some form of transportation from the ship to the end of the dock? I know on several of our cruises there has been, but it's been so long since we were on this itinerary I couldn't remember. Thanks!

Yes, most still do.

In my opinion RCCL and port authorities should supply trams, golf carts, some form of transport from ship to shore for all with mobility issues.

So many cruises port in Cozumel but we can't get off ship because walk is to long to get to where the taxi's are. Love to get off and enjoy a Mexican lunch. Port merchants are losing $$$$ because cruisers with mobility issues (not severe enough for scooters) can't get to their businesses.

Does not make economic sense to me.

In my opinion RCCL and port authorities should supply trams, golf carts, some form of transport from ship to shore for all with mobility issues.

So many cruises port in Cozumel but we can't get off ship because walk is to long to get to where the taxi's are. Love to get off and enjoy a Mexican lunch. Port merchants are losing $$$$ because cruisers with mobility issues (not severe enough for scooters) can't get to their businesses.

Does not make economic sense to me.

It cost about $100 - $125 to buy a transport wheelchair that fold up into a duffle bag with wheels, and is like a piece of luggage. So if you are "walking" to the taxi and than you will be "walking" in the downtown area, than my guess this is a great solution for you to invest in. They are great and easy to use and store and best of all, they only weigh about 25lbs. We often use this instead of a scooter, or we use both depending on the port and what the plans are.

Not sure about the Pier on Old San Juan, but the Pan American Pier where RCL embarks/ disembarks passengers, I don't think has any golf carts to move along the Pier. That being said, the terminal there is quite compact compared to a lot of the Caribbean ports, so hopefully it won't be much of an issue for your husband in San Juan.

It cost about $100 - $125 to buy a transport wheelchair that fold up into a duffle bag with wheels, and is like a piece of luggage. So if you are "walking" to the taxi and than you will be "walking" in the downtown area, than my guess this is a great solution for you to invest in. They are great and easy to use and store and best of all, they only weigh about 25lbs. We often use this instead of a scooter, or we use both depending on the port and what the plans are.

Thank you! I did not know about these and this would be perfect for someone who cruises with us. This is why CC is so great!

St Maarten has golf carts to shuttle from ship to shore. It can take you to the ships or load zones for taxis and busses. You are not required to get off on the way back to the ship for the ship card check the port does as they will have a person conduct the check when the cart passes that point

Thank you for this information. My husband doesn't need a wheelchair, but the long walk on the pier can really make his back and hip hurt.

Specifically, does anyone know about Aruba, Curacao and St. Thomas. We just need something like a golf cart to get to the taxi station. :)