When do they open extra FTTF slots

villagenut

I have read that as time gets closer to full payment and to cruise date, they open up more slots. I am curious if anyone has experienced the best "time of day" to snag a new slot? Meaning, do they open up new slots at a specific time such as midnight or noon. Or do they open the slots at random times with no predictable timing?

It is so random when they open up slots. You have to keep checking daily and a few different times a day if you really want FTTF. For my upcoming cruise, which is still a year out. They recently opened up FTTF and I noticed it was opened early afternoon; I had checked that morning and it wasn't there and then boom it was there later in the day.

In general I've had good luck early in the morning.

For summer of 2018, the original offering of a block of slots was added early-to mid afternoon. Many of us had been checking it daily for 2018 cruises and a kind soul posted here that it was available.

Just keep checking!

Our cruise is June 11, 2017 I got the first FTTF on Dec 31,2016 at 11:00am. It didn't open up again until after final payment around 45 days from cruise. We picked up 5 for the rest of our rooms that day and there were still more the next day. You just never know when they will put them on. Just keep checking daily and several times a day. Good luck.

I have read that as time gets closer to full payment and to cruise date, they open up more slots. I am curious if anyone has experienced the best "time of day" to snag a new slot? Meaning, do they open up new slots at a specific time such as midnight or noon. Or do they open the slots at random times with no predictable timing?

Nothing predictable. It's all capacity controlled.

FTTF was Sold Out when I booked on Carnival Pride a little over 100 days out from sailing. I checked several times every day, hoping FTTF would be offered again. Today, 73 days out, at around 8:00 am, I logged on and saw that there was Limited Availability. I immediately bought FTTF, and posted it to our Roll Call that it was available. I just checked again at Noon and it is showing as Sold Out again. As was stated by just about everyone posting a reply to this thread, you have to be patient and check every day, 2 or 3 times a day, because you never know when the window will open up. I'm still checking every day in hopes that an HMC cabana will become available, but no luck yet.

I haven't sailed CCL in awhile.

Does your final payment have to be made for the FTTF's to show up?

Do you find them in shore excursions?

Thanks. :)

Patti

Welcome back to CCL.

No you do not have to be fully paid to buy FTTF. It shows up with a limited amount way out, then when they get closer to the sailing they will open more if there are not alot of platinum/Diamond guests on the ship.

You will find it in the shore excursions area, if it is available. It often is there also as sold out. just check that one over and over.

My understanding is that there are so many cabins per cruise... call it 100 ( could be more or less ) that they are willing to have the early boarding, and other benefits you get with FTTF. Since FTTF gets these benefits from purchasing it, but Diamond and Platinum guests get it as a loyalty perk, they decide to allocate say 50 of the 100 up front as FTTF. Then as the bookings go one they track how many Diamond and Platinum folks book and later on they will post the diff from the original 50 FTTF, pulse diamond and platinum to the system to make up the rest of the 100 they want to get these perks.

Sometimes there are more Plat and Diamond, so they dont open up any more. sometimes less so they open more.

Please note, I have no idea what the actual number is.. just that it is a number of cabins in inventory that they will let have these benefits.

I've been checking daily for the past two months for FTTF for November 12th on the Breeze... No luck yet but I'm not giving up..!!

Last year I was able to get it a month before the cruise.

Quantity of FTTFs allowed is generally determined by quantity of Diamond and Platnum cruisers booked. Carnival can only handle so many priority people at one time, can only handle so many cabins to get priority cleaning and prepping. Not everyone can be first. Someone has to be last.

Welcome back to CCL.

No you do not have to be fully paid to buy FTTF. It shows up with a limited amount way out, then when they get closer to the sailing they will open more if there are not alot of platinum/Diamond guests on the ship.

You will find it in the shore excursions area, if it is available. It often is there also as sold out. just check that one over and over.

My understanding is that there are so many cabins per cruise... call it 100 ( could be more or less ) that they are willing to have the early boarding, and other benefits you get with FTTF. Since FTTF gets these benefits from purchasing it, but Diamond and Platinum guests get it as a loyalty perk, they decide to allocate say 50 of the 100 up front as FTTF. Then as the bookings go one they track how many Diamond and Platinum folks book and later on they will post the diff from the original 50 FTTF, pulse diamond and platinum to the system to make up the rest of the 100 they want to get these perks.

Sometimes there are more Plat and Diamond, so they dont open up any more. sometimes less so they open more.

Please note, I have no idea what the actual number is.. just that it is a number of cabins in inventory that they will let have these benefits.

Thank you. Explains everything. :)

Patti

I bookmarked FTTF for my sailing and checked it several times daily. Keep your eyes open here and the FB page for your sailing. I had checked my bookmark one morning, no luck. An hour later I seen on CC that it was available. Went to my bookmark and there it was. Thanks Cruises Critic.

I recently picked up a FTTF for our cruise on the Dream in July of 2017. Last year, I picked up on 53 days out for a summer cruise. Being 80+ days out, I thought I would be checking for quite a while. I was checking several times a day.

One day I checked during lunch and still nothing. I happened to check around 3:30 CST and it was available. I quickly bought mine and then checked how many were left. It said 1. By 4:15 CST, it was gone. I haven't noticed it since. My TA said it opened up probably due to some cancellations.

So, you never know.