Miami Hotel - after cruise

volchris

So I have the opposite problem of most: I don't need to know where to stay on the front end, but the back. I had a 1:32PM flight that was canceled. They rebooked us at 10:25AM, which we obviously cannot make. My only other choice is 9:30PM, so my wife and I thought we might just go to South Beach and let the kids swim, and then we fly out the next day. Any suggestions?

That sounds like a really good plan to me!

I stayed in a hotel which was just one block back from south beach (made it a lot cheaper!) would thoroughly recommend it.

It is called La Flora. I booked a standard room which was upgraded (for free) to an apartment. It was bigger than my flat at home!

More about that here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/01/07/fort-lauderdale-airport-to-the-port-of-miami/ I've also talked about the time it took to get to the hotel from the port and how much the taxi cost.

I stayed there after my cruise, hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much are you willing to spend a night on South Beach/Miami Beach? Right on the beach? Prices here can be from $200 a night up to $2500+ a night. I lucked out April 2016 and stay at the Thompson Hotel Miami beach the night they changed ownership. Thompson is RIGHT on Miami beach. Thompson is now owned by the Hyatt Hotels and called the Confidante Hotel Miami. We paid $218 for a room facing directly at Miami beach with a balcony. While we were there we looked up on their website for the same room we have a couple weeks later and it was over $600 a night.

there are hundreds of hotels right on the beach of all prices and there are hundreds of hotels across the street for all kinds of prices. it all depends on what you want to spend.

As others have said... Depends your budget... personally for proximity to beach and a great "family friendly" pool we love Loews (it is on the pricier end of the spectrum) but depending on when you are coming, can get deals for @$200 a night ... aside from the super location it has an amazing pool with kids program, poolside cotton candy and snow cones, floats, fruited water and lots of shaded loungers and beachside lounge chairs.

The Confidante is another one that has a kids program but smaller pool and less amenities...

Unless I am reading this incorrectly, it sounds like you need a place to stay for just the day as you have an evening flight. If that is the case check out the website hotelsbyday. You put in the day and it will give you a list of hotels in the area you're looking for. Just read carefully because they have different hours for check in and check out but I have seen several that allow you to check in around 10 and check out around 4 o'clock or even 6 o'clock. You could easily spend the day at the beach, come back to the hotel room and change, go out to dinner and then head to the airport.

I found out about that site on this board and people seemed very happy with what they were able to secure. I'm trying it for the first time in the Fort Lauderdale area in June

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was reported a little while ago that the Savoy in SB was offering day passes for pool, spa & beach for about $25 per person -- extra to store your bags. Luggage Lounge in SB is another option for storing your bags while you explore, swim, dine, etc. I would call the airline to see if you can push the return flight to the next morning and extend your vacation by a full day.