excursion availability on cruise personaliser

tinsoldier

Hi

We currently have two cruises booked for later this year, one in October (Azura repositioning to the Caribbean) and one in December (Aurora short break to Bruges). Looking on Cruise Personaliser we are able to book excursions for the December cruise but not the October cruise (CP just says nothing available for any ports during the cruise). If all excursions are available a certain number of days before a cruise then its strange that we can't yet book for October.

Does anyone when we might be able to see the available excursions or have an explanation for why this might be?

Thanks

Brendan

We are on the same October TA and are waiting to see what excursions are available. Seems oddt as when we went in March this year to Caribbean the excursions were available in August last year, nearly 7 months before the cruise. Perhaps they will put all the Caribbean 2017/8 ones on in one go a bit nearer the time, maybe August again.

People always say "90 days" but I've always had my excursions earlier, sometimes 6 months before the cruise. I haven't been on a T/A though. All I can suggest is that they go to Bruges all the time so I guess they know exactly what they can provide at that port?

Keep checking your CP!

Although they always used to be precise with their timings of when excursions, spa treatments or restaurants were available to book, they now seem to vary so you will just have to keep checking.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We are booked on the Aurora on 6 Dec 2017 and our excursions are now available to book. In fact one of the excursions in Amsterdam is now wait listed and another is limited availability!!!! :eek::eek:

Has anyone been on a wait list for an excursion and do P&O make available extra buses.

Did not think that they would be available yet as it is approx 7 months before the cruise.

We are booked on the Aurora on 6 Dec 2017 and our excursions are now available to book. In fact one of the excursions in Amsterdam is now wait listed and another is limited availability!!!! :eek::eek:

Has anyone been on a wait list for an excursion and do P&O make available extra buses.

Did not think that they would be available yet as it is approx 7 months before the cruise.

Blimey what was the Amsterdam one that is waitlisted already?? Amsterdam is fairly easy to do on your own. Limited availability is often because it's a small group tour - I think they do them for a couple of the museums in Amsterdam. We did Amsterdam by cruise last October and I didn't notice any waitlisted!

As for your other point we put our name down for a waitlisted excursion with P&O to Norway and they did put on another bus! The tickets were waiting for us in our cabin when we embarked :)

The excursion that is wait listed is the tour of the city plus visit to Anne Franks home. Maybe will have to go on the wait list.

Aah well that is a good tour - I have done the P&O one. I thought about doing it independently but all tickets have to be purchased online now up until 3pm and as I knew ships don't always get into Amsterdam I decided not to risk it. Plus the online system is quite stressful with a few days going up here and there - it just wasn't worth the hassle. Hope you get on the tour - I booked mine about 3-4 months ahead and it wasn't waitlisted then. All the people queuing when we arrived at the house were clutching their email tickets but we just went straight to the front of the line and in! Really glad I went, was a very moving experience.

We did Anne Franks house on our own, I'm fairly sure we just got off the ship early and walked.

With regard to the personaliser

I have been on lots of waitlisted excursions and always get in. Also I've noticed they sell more unpopular times first and then seem to miraculously add more times. If it's something I'm desperate to do I book it when I can but then get a refund and rebook when a more favourable time appears.

I would keep your eye on it [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Anne Franks house on our own, I'm fairly sure we just got off the ship early and walked.

With regard to the personaliser

I have been on lots of waitlisted excursions and always get in. Also I've noticed they sell more unpopular times first and then seem to miraculously add more times. If it's something I'm desperate to do I book it when I can but then get a refund and rebook when a more favourable time appears.

I would keep your eye on it [emoji1360]

Florry, the Anne Frank house changed the system last year, no one can just turn up and queue until after 3pm. Before 3pm it's online bookings only.