Celebrity Millennium Alaskan early port calls

eglingirl

Is the main dining room open for breakfast in the wee hours of the morning for early port calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Seward? If not, what is?

Is dress really that important on board for an Alaskan cruise? If you want to sit in the Martini Bar or Rendevous Lounge is jeans going to hack it?

Lastly, if we want to get around quickly in Anchorage for a few hours what is the best avenue to do this? I want to revisit my old neighborhood of 35 years ago ;-) Yes, we are first time cruisers :D

When we were on the millennium two years ago they would open the mdr for express breakfast at 6am-7am. Followed by regular breakfast. The buffet is also open. We ordered room service almost every morning so we could eat, get dressed and watch the scenery from our balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on another Millennium Alaskan cruise this summer (previously on Celebrity Millennium twice and Solstice, Disney Wonder, HAL Veendam and Amsterdam).

Alaska is very casual. Nice jeans, cargo pants, etc., were acceptable anywhere on board for our cruises except for the old days of formal nights and the pricy specialty restaurants.

We will travel on the 'Millie' again - without tie and sport coat (or suit)!