Ruby - Alaskan Cruise Dinner Menus

Jeter02

The only other non Caribbean cruises I have ever done are the Europeans. Just curious, for the Alaskan sailings, are the menus same as their Caribbean sailings, or do they change it up? I don;t mind either or way, as I am fan or whatever is served.

If anyone has pics of the menus or has an upcoming sailing onboard and would like to kindly take pics of the menus for me, I'd be very appreciative.

That's what I figured. As I believe the European MDR menus were also the same as the Caribbean. Thanks a bunch for your speedy response :)

I didn't notice any difference on MDR menus, if there was, for Caribbean and Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you do a search on this board for "Alaska menu" you will see a thread called "Looking for 2016 Ruby Princess Alaska Cruise dining room menu copies". Someone responded with menu photos. It looks like there are some specialty items for Alaska.

Fantastic! Thank you!

If you do a search on this board for "Alaska menu" you will see a thread called "Looking for 2016 Ruby Princess Alaska Cruise dining room menu copies". Someone responded with menu photos. It looks like there are some specialty items for Alaska.

I've always been a big fish eater, especially onboard. I've found all the fish dishes on Princess in both the MDR an Specialty restaurants to be terrific, and extra delicious.

Oh I found them and notice quite quite a few fish options. We are new to Princess and our old favorite (X) the fish was never good. How is it on Princess?

Oh I found them and notice quite quite a few fish options. We are new to Princess and our old favorite (X) the fish was never good. How is it on Princess?
Except on rare occasions, the Chef's Diner for example, at dinner there will be six entree options including fish, shellfish, beef, other meat, homestyle (but not called that anymore), and vegetarian. The Curtis Stone option will take the place of one of the above. I have enjoyed most of the fish dishes I have ordered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the Ruby and there were special items for Alaska. I convinced a very nice head waiter to get me menus and will try to get them scanned and uploaded in the next couple days.

You're AMAZING!!!!! Thank You!

I just got off the Ruby and there were special items for Alaska. I convinced a very nice head waiter to get me menus and will try to get them scanned and uploaded in the next couple days.

Fantastic! I've been wondering if there have been any changes to the Alaska menus since I last sailed Princess 2 years ago.

My sister and I sailed the Alaska route on the Ruby last year. I strongly recommend that you watch the Princess Patter daily for Alaska specials served up at the Trident Grill up on the pool deck at lunch time. On various days they served a halibut burger, fish tacos, crab cakes and even reindeer chili. All these were based on recipes from Alaskan restaurants. They don't post the specials on the sign at the grill -- you need to ask.

My sister and I sailed the Alaska route on the Ruby last year. I strongly recommend that you watch the Princess Patter daily for Alaska specials served up at the Trident Grill up on the pool deck at lunch time. On various days they served a halibut burger, fish tacos, crab cakes and even reindeer chili. All these were based on recipes from Alaskan restaurants. They don't post the specials on the sign at the grill -- you need to ask.

Fish Tacos? Halibut Burgers? OMG! Now that sounds amazing. I always do enjoy a good cheese burger from Trident Grill, but those new exciting options sound AMAZING!!!! Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully I am onboard for multiple weeks, therefore it gives me a chance to try most of the yummy alternative options out. I sailed the Ruby for years while it was sailing in and out of the Caribbean, so these new options are exciting.

We were on the Island in February for a Panama canal cruise. I found the fish to be excellent. Had it a few times for lunch at the buffet and it was good there also. Fish and chips were good if they offer it at Bayou. The one exception was that I thought the poached lobster was a bit overdone on the MDR.