Hoping that not all Princess Cruises are like this!

getaway_goddess

We took two NCL cruises in the past few years, and really loved them. We decided to take a Princess Transatlantic last month on the Crown, and were sadly disappointed. We tried to keep an open mind, but after 15 days of issue after issue, it was impossible.

After almost two weeks on board, we made a video explaining the reasons we were so upset (this is why we don't have footage of some of the main issues - such as, hair in drawers, since we didn't realize on Day 1 that it would be so important to photograph this...).

We really hope that our experience can help some people make their own decisions about which cruise lines are best for them. Please feel free to watch our video here:

I've also reviewed the cruise here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=575266

The reasons I've listed as issues for us (and other passengers we've observed) are:

1: Cleanliness

2: Waiting for Everything

3: Maintenance

4: Staff are Not Courteous

5: Staff Knowledge of Ship is Dismal

6: Excursions Sold Out

7: Daily Activities

8: Restaurant Set Up

9: Food Selection and Quality

10: Rooms

I hope that people can find this constructive and helpful (CC will remove the post if too many of the responses are personal attacks...so keep it PG!). We learned a lot, and will definitely be returning to NCL, and probably won't go on a Princess again...but we do hope to hear that not all Princess ships are like the Crown! We've heard great things about the Regal!!!