Self serve bar tap?

helene109

Just off the Sunshine yesterday and we were curious too as we had the Cheers program, so we tried it. And yep, it for sure works. You swipe your card, it gives you like 18 seconds (perhaps 20) to pour your beer. The have pint glasses (or close to that) sitting there waiting to be used. Price is based upon the # of ounces you pour. And of course if you are on cheers, you get 100% discount. Worked great!

I tried this on the Sunshine in February. There was no 15% gratuity added. The pour is timed and you are charged for how much you pour. So if you try to pour two, you will likely be charged for two. There were only two selections. Also, I didn't think the beer was as cold as it should be.

If you you pay with sail & sign, who gets the 15% gratuity?

I don't think there is a gratuity charge for the beer station if purchasing without Cheers where there is a 15% gratuity added on to the package.

I tried this on the Sunshine in February. There was no 15% gratuity added. The pour is timed and you are charged for how much you pour. So if you try to pour two, you will likely be charged for two. There were only two selections. Also, I didn't think the beer was as cold as it should be.

If you have Cheers isn't it included? How would they tell you have two?

I saw it somewhere can't remember as I think I am on too many boards! Does it work with the Cheers card too? How do I find out what ship is it on? Thanks we are on Glory in August thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a self beer pour on the Glory.

Gay

Not only is the pour timed, but it is also measuring how much is going out through the tap. You can see this as you pour. If you go over the 16 ozs I would assume you would be charged for the additional beer.

I used this on my last cruise, there is a price per ounce not per drink and a gratuity added at the end, still cheaper than normal bar and I had a good experience, it was cold, and you can fill up your glass as high as you want

My husband and I had a funny encounter with the self serve beer station on Glory earlier this month. During a late night pizza quest, we saw the machine and decided to try it out as we had Cheers. Still in our formal wear, we saw the machine screen said it closed at 9:30 which it was already past but we slid our S&S card to try our luck. Well, we got a huge surprise! As we hadn't seen the machine during "regular" hours, it didn't occur to us that the tap handle was missing so as soon as we swiped the card beer shot out of a hole right at us! We both hopped out of the way and I thankfully saw an X on the screen which stopped the projectile beer.

Anyway, take our stupidity as a funny warning to double check the machine is fully functional and the tap handle actually present haha. My dress and his suit are due for some dry cleaning now!! I can confirm that the charge showed up on our account at $0 with the Cheers discount so at least we didn't pay extra to spill beer on ourselves and the floor.