Favorite Ft. Lauderdale Pre-Cruise Hotel?

revjamesl

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Post cruise and staff was very pleasant and accommodations very nice.. We enjoyed their breakfast in fact about 12 friends from our cruise stayed there as well. I thought I was booking directly with the Hotel but it turned out to be a booking site but we still had a pleasant stay and no problems. I did call the Hotel directly to confirm our booking.

For a beach front hotel, Marriott Harbor Beach is my favorite. I have stayed there a few times and have found all services and staff to be of the Marriott quality that I expect. Rumor has it that this is J. W. Marriott's favorite hotel.

If you have a car and don't mind driving short distances for dining, the Courtyard on Cypress Creek Road near I-95 is a very nice property whose rates will be less than the Harbor Beach. One is about a 20 minute drive to Port Everglades from there. Also in that same area is the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North Hotel which is just off Cypress Creek Road at the I-95 exit. I was there in December. Service, dining, their

4th Floor Pool Deck, and clean, spacious parking garage: I expect to return! (And, for the dates of my stay, their rates were less than the Courtyard's.)

I have also stayed at Hyatt Regency Pier 66; lovely grounds, but it has lost some of the luster that it once had. At least for me.

My favorite is the Gallery One. About 2 blocks across bridge to beach, one block to Galleria Mall, Publix grocery across street about a block, and water taxi stop at hotel. Very nice hotel!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums