NCL Free Ferry to St. George???

#1TravelMom

Has anyone on the Breakaway used the free ferry from the Dockyard to St. George? Just curious about the departure times? crowded? travel time?

Today was the first day. No one on Breakaway has used it yet because Breakaway does not arrive until Wednesday. Read the thread NCL ferry schedule for the Dawn. It will probably be similar.

NCL ferry schedule for the Dawn....

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24703&share_tid=2499329&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2499329&share_type=t

Edited by Charles4515

Has anyone on the Breakaway used the free ferry from the Dockyard to St. George? Just curious about the departure times? crowded? travel time?

The thread mentioned in the prior post includes a pix of the ferry schedule for the Dawn which is in Bermuda Sunday to Tuesday. I'm assuming that the Breakaway schedule will follow the Dawn's schedule. The Breakaway's Wednesday and Thursday schedule will follow the Dawn's Monday schedule; the Breakaway's Friday schedule will follow the Dawn's Tuesday schedule.

Travel time should be about the same as the public ferry, 45 minutes. The new ferry holds 400 passengers, so I will go SWAG that it will not be crowded.

SBtS

the Breakaway's Friday schedule will follow the Dawn's Tuesday schedule.

Travel time should be about the same as the public ferry, 45 minutes. The new ferry holds 400 passengers, so I will go SWAG that it will not be crowded.

SBtS

I don't think Breakaway will follow Dawn's Tuesday schedule exactly on Friday because all aboard is earlier for Breakaway. The last run won't work. Maybe they will only cut that last run. Or they might not run at all but just cutting that last run to St. George's and back would work.

Edited by Charles4515

So why the picture? Is that the NCL private ferry in front of it? If so, why is it in front of the Grandeur?

That is the NCL ferry. That's its assigned dock. Remember that NCL's Breakaway docks at Heritage Wharf where the Grandeur is currently docked. The NCL Dawn was docked at the adjacent Kings Wharf.

So why the picture? Is that the NCL private ferry in front of it? If so, why is it in front of the Grandeur?

The NCL ferry will be docking on the other side of Heritage Wharf. Grandeur is docked there at Heritage Wharf and Dawn is at the other dock, Kings Wharf. That is the way it was scheduled, before there was an NCL ferry. Maybe they will change that in the future. Who knows. Breakaway will be docked at Heritage Wharf.

I would be interested to see the times it runs. I would have thought it would have been staggered from the Orange Route Ferry, rather than them both leaving at 11:30am.

There is a copy of the NCL ferry schedule for the Dawn in post #1 of this thread. The ferry schedule for the Breakaway for Wednesday and Thursday should be the same as Dawn's Monday schedule. The ferry schedule for the Breakaway for Friday should be the same as Dawn's Tuesday schedule except for adjusting for different departure times.

SBtS

The NCL ferry will be docking on the other side of Heritage Wharf. Grandeur is docked there at Heritage Wharf and Dawn is at the other dock, Kings Wharf. That is the way it was scheduled, before there was an NCL ferry. Maybe they will change that in the future. Who knows. Breakaway will be docked at Heritage Wharf.

It used to be that the NCL ships all docked at Heritage Wharf. The Dawn started docking at Kings Wharf instead of Heritage Wharf a couple of years ago when Royal Caribbean started sending mega ships to Bermuda. The really big ships like the Anthem (and the Breakaway) have to dock at Heritage Wharf. I guess they decided it would be too confusing for the Dawn to dock at Kings Wharf sometimes (when the Anthem is in Bermuda) and Heritage Wharf at other times (when the Grandeur or some other ship is in port). The NCL ferry probably can't dock at Kings Wharf because that's where the tugboats are docked, so they gave it the slot at Heritage Wharf.