Booking extra stateroom and moving two people from existing reservation. Possible?

I wasn't thinking when I booked our Carnival cruise yesterday with six of us in two staterooms. I booked through Costco, and paid a "nonrefundable" deposit. When I called to ask about reserving an extra room and moving one person from each of the current rooms, they told me I couldn't, that I would lose my deposit. I am not looking to cancel, only get an extra room and move a couple people. Has anyone ever done this without penalty? Our cruise isn't until December, so we are doing this well in advance.

I wasn't thinking when I booked our Carnival cruise yesterday with six of us in two staterooms. I booked through Costco, and paid a "nonrefundable" deposit. When I called to ask about reserving an extra room and moving one person from each of the current rooms, they told me I couldn't, that I would lose my deposit. I am not looking to cancel, only get an extra room and move a couple people. Has anyone ever done this without penalty? Our cruise isn't until December, so we are doing this well in advance.

I would suggest calling and talking to a manager about it and see if there is anything you can do - I mean after all your trying to GIVE them MORE money

I found out it is not an option based on it being "early saver", which was not openly disclosed, and it would also cost us another $500 to add another room. We will be keeping things how they are and it will be fine. We don't spend a ton of time in the room anyway. Thanks!