Day Trip to Jost Van Dyke

dandylouwho

I believe you would take a taxi over there. Haven't found anything cheaper. The $120 is round trip. The lady from Dolphin said they cater to cruise ships so they would wait. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes you can taxi to White Bay for $5pp each way or walk over the steep hill, about a 20 - 25 min. walk.

I thought you were saying it was $160pp with the $40 customs fee, or is that right?

The $80pp ferry isn't an option because it leaves Red Hook at 8AM. There are small powerboats that take 6 passengers max like Lion In De Sun, you'd have to check their prices, not sure if they are any cheaper per person in case you don't get your 6 head count. You're probably also asking for others to join you on your roll call right?

Enjoy your day!

Besides here and your roll call, it's also worth posting on the St Thomas forum on trip advisor. Even though they can take the ferry, there are often land visitors looking to share a day to Jost.

I posted on trip advisor so hopefully something will happen there. Went to JVD last year on a private charter from Tortola. It was great but pretty pricey when all I care about this time is spending time at soggy Dollar. You don't have as much time off the ship on Tortola so it's kind of rushed. I've booked the same private charter but would cancel if I can find a cheaper alternative.

• 2 months later...
There's a facebook page, what's going on st thomas, where both locals and visitors post for charter shares. You might want to post there or join another charter.

There's a page on our sailing (I'm on your sailing too by the way lol) you may want to post this to.. find it by searching Ncl Escape 9/9/17 :)

Yes with NCL theoort times in Tortola are very short and the best option for Jost from there is the Rebel Yell through the ship.

Yes the 6-pax powerboat options from STT are pricey for just spending time on White Bay...

Good Luck!

Angela you're talking about the roll call forum, right?

• 5 months later...
I posted on trip advisor so hopefully something will happen there. Went to JVD last year on a private charter from Tortola. It was great but pretty pricey when all I care about this time is spending time at soggy Dollar. You don't have as much time off the ship on Tortola so it's kind of rushed. I've booked the same private charter but would cancel if I can find a cheaper alternative.

Would you mind sharing the charter company? We have done the Escape to JVD aboard the Rebel Yell the last two times, but we want to see what other options are out there. Thanks!