FTTF questions - first time user

Sunmist

Just purchased the FTTF pass and this will be my first time using it. I have a 11am checkin, but can I get to the port earlier and be allowed in the terminal...or do I still have to wait for my checkin time.. even though I have the FTTF?

Also, we have a late flight on disembarkation day. I know you get a later disembarkation with the FTTF.. does anyone know how late we'll be able to stay on the ship before we have to leave?

Lastly, how quick did you guys get your luggage?

Thanks!

Just purchased the FTTF pass and this will be my first time using it. I have a 11am checkin, but can I get to the port earlier and be allowed in the terminal...or do I still have to wait for my checkin time.. even though I have the FTTF?

Also, we have a late flight on disembarkation day. I know you get a later disembarkation with the FTTF.. does anyone know how late we'll be able to stay on the ship before we have to leave?

Thanks!

With FTTF you will still pick a checkin time, but you can arrive at the terminal earlier and will be admitted (some terminals don't open until 11, so it depends on your departing terminal). As a general rule, they want everyone off the ship by 10-10:30. so you can hang out in the MDR, have a nice breakfast and get off basically when they say "get off" ;)

Luggage with FTTF is hit or miss. Some people seem to get it quickly and others get it later....doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason

In our experience, this has varied from ship to ship. Our first time using it was on the Conquest (2013) and our luggage was in our room as soon as we boarded. On the Freedom (2014), my DH actually found most of our luggage waiting on the carts down the hallway and brought it to our room. We had been on board for a couple of hours at that point and had already eaten lunch, walked around the ship, etc. Our experience on the Dream (2015) was that most of our luggage was waiting outside our stateroom upon arrival but other pieces arrived much later.

Also, make sure that the porters put the correct FTTF tags (bright orange) on your luggage when you give them to them. If they fail to do this, it will most definitely be later when you get it.

10600497_10154482341410136_5063917324965458687_n.jpg?oh=476531b331fc9326ef78fe028f66591b&oe=597425D6

Hope this helps!

Happy Cruising!

Edited by Singer4Him
Adding pic of porter's FTTF tag

Thanks!

With FTTF, you are not locked in to your check-in time. You still have to select one, but FTTF checks in "at your leisure."

I have always received my luggage fairly quickly, but I have not experienced having it waiting for me, but that is not the primary reason that I buy FTTF, so I don't worry about it.