Sailing in October

sunset785

Be careful of the Fall Break schedule.

We thought an Oct 3rd cruise would be fine. Didn't realize all of Arizona would be on the Miracle with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I'm from AZ and we are sailing the second week of October for fall break. Our kids go back to school first week of August each year. Fall break is usually the first through the third week of October depending on the school District.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love cruising in the fall and have been on several. The weather is still great and the prices can't be beat. You will certainly notice the difference on the amount of kids if you are used to spring break and summer cruises.

We always take our anniversary cruise in early October. That being said, we've never missed an island out of 7 cruises sailing usually on October 9th every year! The weather has been great and we love that time of year. You won't be disappointed!:cool::cool:

Yes, I'm from AZ and we are sailing the second week of October for fall break. Our kids go back to school first week of August each year. Fall break is usually the first through the third week of October depending on the school District.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also sailing the second week of October. Which ship are you sailing on?

It seems that most of the schools in TN take Fall Break at the same time, and this year our break is Oct. 9 to Oct. 13. We cruised during break last year and there were lots of families with children. We went out of New Orleans, but Port Canaveral is just about as close for many people. Just FYI.

We have cruised all times of the year. When we cruised in August, there was a hurricane in the Gulf, and we had to change our schedule and miss a port. Plus the seas were rough.

As you know, the major hurricanes are around August/September and they tend to not be as strong in October or earlier than that (yes, there are exceptions, but warm gulf water is part of the reason for increase in intensity). When we have cruised in late Sept/Oct, we did the Southern route. Hurricanes are not as prevalent in those areas. You will save some money, just be prepared for changes. The captain won't let anything happen to the ship, or the passengers on it.

We also have cruised twice in October and had complete itinerary changes for both cruises due to storms. We then decided to move to the middle of November for the next 2 years. Still is beautiful weather but less chance of storms (haven't had any changes for this time of year). But as long as your prepared you will have a great time [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some school districts take a week off in October usually for deer hunting season. We've cruised multiple times in October and I like it because mostly there are less kids on board and the weather is nicer than the blasting heat of summer. Still warm but not stifling.