Solstice Airport Transfer today in Vancouver....

GateGuardian

I understand one's frustrations and hope that Celebrity makes adjustments, so this doesn't ever happen again. But, I'm not sure why one would think they should get their money back, if they used the services and there was no impact on them making their flight.

The reason we requested a refund was because others who had not missed their flight had got a refund. We did make our flight, but not with enough time to even get lunch. We should have had 3 hrs to spare. Then the Celebrity rep on the phone basicly told us that they are a for profit company , therefore it is exceptable to mislead us to make a profit. We don't normally complain, but if others are refunded, then everyone should be.

Honestly, the sky train is so easy. a couple blocks easy walk ( we are in our 60's). People in the station were very helpful getting us our tickets in the machines. A nice ride with plenty of room for luggage. cost us around $8 for 2.

If your comming into Vancouver off a cruise plan to do they skytrain, you wont be sorry and you will have some $ left to get a coffee while you wait in the airport..

Bev

As a Vancouverite, yes sky train/ Canada line is excellent and easy. However (as someone who fails to pack lite) it really only is effective if you have 1 case because you will have to manage your luggage.

When you book a service, you expect it to deliver. I find it very interesting that there are no similar complaints on the RCI Board although there was an RCI ship docking at the same time. It may be folks just haven't posted, but I am guessing that their ship did not have similar problems and so the comments about Celebrity need to be addressed by the corporation.

I can top all the responses. We also felt like we were pressured into taking a shuttle as we had 5 in our party and 5 large suitcases along with carryon. We left our bags as directed with proper tags,etc. and when we finally arrived at the airport ,we only have 3 bags show up! We weren't the only ones, there were more than 12 bags missing. We got no realistic response from the Celebrity rep other than being told to fill out a form and go ahead and check in. So we headed home without 2 very important bags. We have called every day since we arrived home, each time being told something different and being told they will call back by the end of the day. NOTHING! My son was supposed to leave for a new job after this trip and here we sit 5 days later still having no word that they have even found the luggage,let alone sending it across the country home. I feel like we paid extra just to have them lose our luggage! How does one get 3 bags there and lose 2 others? First it was ,it is probably at the pier,next was it is probably on the ship headed to Alaska, next it was we have to wait until Monday when someone is on the pier again to look in the unclaimed bags. UNCLAIMED? What a joke! I am very disappointed in our departure from what was a decent trip but has turned into a fiasco!

I can top all the responses. We also felt like we were pressured into taking a shuttle as we had 5 in our party and 5 large suitcases along with carryon. We left our bags as directed with proper tags,etc. and when we finally arrived at the airport ,we only have 3 bags show up! We weren't the only ones, there were more than 12 bags missing. We got no realistic response from the Celebrity rep other than being told to fill out a form and go ahead and check in. So we headed home without 2 very important bags. We have called every day since we arrived home, each time being told something different and being told they will call back by the end of the day. NOTHING! My son was supposed to leave for a new job after this trip and here we sit 5 days later still having no word that they have even found the luggage,let alone sending it across the country home. I feel like we paid extra just to have them lose our luggage! How does one get 3 bags there and lose 2 others? First it was ,it is probably at the pier,next was it is probably on the ship headed to Alaska, next it was we have to wait until Monday when someone is on the pier again to look in the unclaimed bags. UNCLAIMED? What a joke! I am very disappointed in our departure from what was a decent trip but has turned into a fiasco!

That's terrible...The baggage area was not good at all! They had people going in and coming out the same way, not very organized! Very hard to drag suitcases out... I hope you get your bags soon.:(

We lost all three of our bags in this fiasco (a full pallet of suitcases never made it on the truck to the airport). The Celebrity Rep I'm working with called Friday and said the Pier had called and identified a bunch of suitcases that weren't claimed. Unfortunately, the Pier was closed over the weekend and we're still waiting for an update. The procedure is to ship all unclaimed bags to a "lost luggage warehouse" in Florida for processing and then shipped back to you. I don't expect to see anything for another week or so and I'm hoping everything in the luggage is still intact. Sad end to a nice cruise.

Edited by KonaMel

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update.....gotta be fair and report the good as well as not so good.

Just under a month and a half later, after writing Celebrity a letter of complaint, was contacted by Kara. Our $60.00 fee was refunded to our credit card.

Artie:hearteyes: