Check in time

BSBRose21

Be aware that you might be able to pick an earlier time in a few days. I picked the 11:00-11:30 am time for my upcoming Breeze cruise which was the earliest available and when I went back in 5 days later to do some online check-in it was showing 2 earlier times now available with the earliest one being 10:00-10:30. Now I KNOW that no one is boarding at 10:00 am. I don't understand why that is even a choice

Be aware that you might be able to pick an earlier time in a few days. I picked the 11:00-11:30 am time for my upcoming Breeze cruise which was the earliest available and when I went back in 5 days later to do some online check-in it was showing 2 earlier times now available with the earliest one being 10:00-10:30. Now I KNOW that no one is boarding at 10:00 am. I don't understand why that is even a choice

Because you are choosing a check in time, not a boarding time. They are two different things. Some ports are ready to check you in as early as 10:00am. Then you sit in the terminal and wait for boarding to begin.

If you select a check-in time online, is that guaranteed?
I'm not sure what would be meant by "guaranteed" in this context. Are you asking whether you might get assigned some other check-in time even though you reserved one online? (I haven't read any posts that indicated that anyone has experienced that. That would be concerning if it was a common occurrence.) Or are you asking whether the check-in will not be delayed for any reason whatsoever? (I don't think any cruise line offers that kind of guarantee for anything. Circumstances could change. The ship can be late arriving from its prior journey, there could be a power outage that delays check-in for a period of time, etc. Any number of things could occur that will affect everyone's check-in, and in such cases I would expect nothing to be guaranteed.)

I'm not sure what would be meant by "guaranteed" in this context. Are you asking whether you might get assigned some other check-in time even though you reserved one online?

Yes, that's what I'm wondering. Good to hear it's not a common occurance to be "bumped" from this time slot.

Yes, that's what I'm wondering. Good to hear it's not a common occurance to be "bumped" from this time slot.
Well at least not common enough for me to have read about it over the last few months.