West Palm Beach to Hotel and or Port

LynnTH

So, Southwest released airfare this morning for December Flights. We are flying in on December 30th for a Cruise on the 31st. out of Port Everglades. There are 7 of us. (4 in my family and 3 in my brothers). I got on at 6:15 in the morning and showed most of the FLL flights sold out or way expensive. ( I know in the past this has happened also and we were finally able to get flights we wanted -but being this is over the holidays, I want to get something booked,

So, the flight into West Palm Beach was much lower. Looks like we can rent a car for like $50 (would need 2 cars). We are staying at Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise on State Rd 84. Is it easy enough to just drop the car off at the Port in the morning and then all 7 of us take a shuttle to the Port. Or is there a car rental place near the hotel we are staying and we can drop off there that night and take Uber or Taxi to the port so as not to have to worry about that in the morning. Thanks.

It's always a lot easier to drop off all of your passengers and luggage at the cruise terminal first and then have the two drivers return the rental vehicles. Then either take the shuttle if it is provided or a cab, Uber, or Lyft to get you back to the cruise terminal.

It's always a lot easier to drop off all of your passengers and luggage at the cruise terminal first and then have the two drivers return the rental vehicles. Then either take the shuttle if it is provided or a cab, Uber, or Lyft to get you back to the cruise terminal.

That's what I was wondering... Is there a car rental drop off by the Hotel we are staying at. In case we don't want to have the hassle in the morning and drop off the night before?

I'm not sure about a rental car drop off near your hotel but there are numerous rental car locations along the 17th Street corridor which is extremely close to the port. If you rent from Alamo they have a new location right near the main entrance to the port. If you drop off at FLL the cab is less than twenty dollars with tip and only a ten minute ride. It's easier than dropping off the rentals the night before and then either shuttling or having to get numerous cabs to get everyone to the port the next day.